Enemies with their unique abilities

Have all the enemies have a unique abilities what are foreign to the player and the party. That way when you encounter a new enemy there is always fear and excitement not knowing what to expect. A troll may thrash the ground with his club to separate the party temporally, A goblin spearman may use his spear to maim and separate one party member from the group. This way when enemies are put together in a small horde they will demand respect from the player how he approaches them in combat.

This is all speculation I obviously don't know what combat system they are using.

The further away from being a human (or dwarf or aumau or whatever) it is, the more you should see unique abilities.

A giant troll swinging wildly with its club can work as a unique ability because the troll is using its size and strength to do an attack that would be ineffective if done by a human. A goblin wounding someone with a spear is a bad unique ability because there's nothing unique about it; anyone with a spear could do it.

This was one of the many bizarre changes from DAO to DA2. I will never understand what was up with the NPC/PC spell divide in that game...

Edited by Tamerlane
  • Like 1
jcod0.png

sort of like diablo 3 with random minions having different buffs/powers/immunities ? just because it's an orc doesn't mean it's not packing mega regen or bones of steele? :D

No, those are randomly generated abilities. And are best suited for loot-fest hack and slash games like Diablo. Not PE.

You could have a "degree" of randomness to a creature such as a troll. Perhaps not all trolls are created equal. One may be better than another BUT it could be from a "pool" of "troll abilities". Especially if all things are to have "souls".

I rather have such differences hand-crafted than randomly created.

So "leader troll" has higher regeneration than the "minion trolls", and not just all trolls are there and one just *happens* to have better regeneration for no reason, and is never displayed proper to the player.

Of course foes should posses abilities and powers which the player cannot posses.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Have all the enemies have a unique abilities what are foreign to the player and the party.

I don't think this would be a good idea. Are you going to give every human enemy some freakish ability? No. Novel abilities should be rare so that they stand out when encountered. The developers can provide enough of a challenge with interesting tactics and situations.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."