A question of Loot

A question of loot  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What loot system would you like to see in P:E?

• Disconnected loot (ARPGs and MMOs)
    • Connected but restricted loot (Witcher, Deus Ex)
    • Loot everything (Skyrim, Baldur's Gate)

Incidental loot is a good point, but finding gold on a wolf still does not feel authentic. We could find that gold on a dead body nearby instead. While with a human enemy, it would be normal to find some of that incidental loot on himself. It depends on the enemy.

Random vs Determined is also a valid question, and in this regard, I personally prefer the loot to be mostly predetermined. May be a little randomization to help with variety.

But the original poll remains justified, I selected the 3rd option, I like the Infinity engine system. It makes sense that i can pick whatever weapon or item that enemy was carrying. Receiving a lot of stuff feel rewarding too.

Ability to loot everything can be long and tedious if you have a lot of bodies to check, though, and the inventory could get filled quickly, so there is room for some adjustments. I think it can be improved already by a good user interface for loot and inventory, and also shop interface, so having many items does not bring annoying inventory management.

• a small loot window which does not take all the screen, and auto closes when i move away.
  • An inventory that sort items intelligently (pocket for craft materials, pocket for gems, weapons slots...).
  • Easy way to sell many items at once. ( In Baldur's gate : select all items you want to sell, click sell. In NWN 2: drag and drop, select quantity, click OK... repeat ).

There is another thread about inventory in the forum, but I think the 2 questions are linked.

Also in a related note, something I do not like in neverwinter nights games : when you kill some enemy, you would have to wait a few seconds until the body disappear. After that a bag containing the loot would appear. First it's slow, and second it does not feel authentic, I would prefer the body to stay visible, at least until I leave the area.

Please, pardon my imperfect English as it is not my primary language :).

Lol, gold on wolves.

Yeah, I rather not have that, whatever the "justification"...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The poll is missing the most stupid of all the possible options. :(

Final Fantasy loot system, where enemies have loot that's only obtainable by stealing it from them during combat.

Wait until they're dead and you can't get the best stuff anymore.

No. Loot everything they have - they have and use everything that's lootable.

If the bandit fights with a rusty knife and wears rotten leather pants - you get a rusty knife and rotten leather pants.

And you also get the half eaten fish from his pocket. If the bandit also had a potion of flatulence, you'll get that too unless he already used it in combat.

• Like 2

Yeah loot everithing is the option for us players.

The other thing, is it could be cool to have the option to skin animals, with enogh skill, you gather the leather, and in some rage caces of quest raleted man eating wolf or bears some half digested gear or gold. but after trying to skin them.

the food gathered there could be used to craft stuff in when you stop to rest and camp!

The other thing, is it could be cool to have the option to skin animals, with enogh skill, you gather the leather, and in some rage caces of quest raleted man eating wolf or bears some half digested gear or gold. but after trying to skin them.

the food gathered there could be used to craft stuff in when you stop to rest and camp!

This should be easy to model: if the party has somebody with a 'survival' skill then the corpse leaves a skin.

Drakensang simulated it in more detail by giving an 'Animal Lore' skill. But that's perhaps too detailed for this type of game.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

This should be easy to model: if the party has somebody with a 'survival' skill then the corpse leaves a skin.

Drakensang simulated it in more detail by giving an 'Animal Lore' skill. But that's perhaps too detailed for this type of game.

You stole my point.

Yeah, Drakensang showed how something that sounds good on paper ("skin animals for resources") is a horrible and repetitive job in execution.

So... rather not.

The "having it drop on survival skill" would be better, combined with an AoE looting system compared to individually looting everyone.

Although I really dislike crafting, so rather not need to gather 10 wolf skins for those gloves etc. and other extremely bad things The Witcher II had with sucked beyond belief.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee