More Cheese Please

BruceVC

Yeah, the wife and I go in for the Dubliner cheese. She also goes for the ancient British cheddars, which is a little to crunchy for my tastes. I mean, a little every now and then, but too strong for a whimp like me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I hear ya pal. That's a whole food issue with me. If I bite into something crunchy, and I cannot explain why it is crunchy, I generally do not enjoy the eating experience.

• Like 1

Real men eat casu macho marzu :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ukraine is fooling me too much. Everytime I see a nice and delicious looking cake and think it must be whipped cream or soufflé in the middle it's cheese.. Yuck. I love cheese, especially the strong one, but I also like whipped cream and fromage in my cakes. It's a bit odd, but my hunger for (real) cheese, sweets and whipped cream is constantly growing around here..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I really just seem to love everything about Oregon. All the microbrews, the food, the cool weather, the scenery. Every time we pass through Bend, OR I spend a couple weeks trying to convince my wife we should move there.

Really? I can't stand Bend, it's like a suburb without the adjacent urban area to qualify it as a suburb. Also cheese (Eastern Oregon is beef cattle country, not dairy cattle country anyway.)

I hear ya pal. That's a whole food issue with me. If I bite into something crunchy, and I cannot explain why it is crunchy, I generally do not enjoy the eating experience.

Oh man, like those disgusting Butterfinger candy bars. Whatever that stuff is inside them it sure isn't peanut butter. Or peanuts.

Edited by AGX-17

Is it possible to mail cheese?

http://vasterbottensost.com/en/about/

Wow thats an interesting cheese. I have never tasted it before. I imagine its hard to get outside Sweden?

There have been some good posts made by others as well, its good to see that I am not the only cheese lover on the forums :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We had a Swiss exchange student once. He wanted some Swiss cheese, and my mother went to just about every expensive, import-type deli around here. He still said they weren't ... "swiss" enough. Sharp? Tangy? Whatever that distinct flavor is. Which has always made me curious exactly what the Swiss cheese he was used to tasted like.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My first girlfriend was a French foreign exchange student and she loved cheese. She was a little bit of a snob about it, but otherwise she was quite nice. That was in 198... 4? 5? Something like that, so I don't know how our cheese stacks up against others' these days.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We had a Swiss exchange student once. He wanted some Swiss cheese, and my mother went to just about every expensive, import-type deli around here. He still said they weren't ... "swiss" enough. Sharp? Tangy? Whatever that distinct flavor is. Which has always made me curious exactly what the Swiss cheese he was used to tasted like.

Thats a good story, your mom sounds like a really nice person. I don't think that Swiss cheese is sharp, but it does have a distinctive nutty taste/fruity taste. If you think about the famous Swiss cheeses like Gruyère, Emmentel and Appenzeller they have these characteristics. I also think that there tastes are improved when they are melted. Thats why the famous Swiss Cheese Fondue is so yummy.

My first girlfriend was a French foreign exchange student and she loved cheese. She was a little bit of a snob about it, but otherwise she was quite nice. That was in 198... 4? 5? Something like that, so I don't know how our cheese stacks up against others' these days.

Interesting fact, the USA has now surpassed France for the first time with the number of Cheeses it produces. So in my opinion the USA may not have the historical cheeses like Gorgonzola and Roquefort but it has an excellent and growing cheese industry

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela