Set Items and Questing

In the back of my mind, I have always thought that games that have random loot drops that include set items are ridiculous. I totally understand how the first set item drop could be randomly obtained but to have a whole set of gear just magically show up? The chance that you stumble on something like that should be astronomically low, imo.

I imagine that a better system would be to head to some barkeep and ask if he has ever heard of any cool armour or weapons - like say ones that have the kinds of stats I am interested in... He replies: Well, there was this rumour.......

Is there any intention of having any set gear in project eternity or a set of items that are tailored for each class?

Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Yes, it would be more interesting to find the other parts through detective work, whether by asking around, hiring a wizard to locate their general location, or possibly through a divine vision. Magical parts that are linked together may "want" to be near each other, so even finding them through random chance may be influenced by their mystical union.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I always loved sets but the biggest problem is exactly what you're talking about, never being able to find all the pieces. I think this mainly an issue in games where loot is randomly generated and I believe it's been said that won't be the case in this game. Still I do like the idea of going out to find the gear on a quest. Alternitively I like the idea of a blacksmith telling you he's heard of a legendary metal and if you bring it to him along with other things he needs to work it then he'll use it to craft you a set and you can pick the type of set you'd like based on your class.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Wear the pieces to get the other pieces uh? Interesting concept. Might have some people stick longer with a "lower level" gear just to finish their set.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

In the back of my mind, I have always thought that games that have random loot drops that include set items are ridiculous. I totally understand how the first set item drop could be randomly obtained but to have a whole set of gear just magically show up? The chance that you stumble on something like that should be astronomically low, imo.

That sounds like ARPG mechanics. Random loot in ARPGs is great.

Project Eternity isn't an ARPG and I'm pretty sure all the magic items will be statically placed.

Yeah, this isn't an ARPG, so having to murder 5000 people to complete your set would be out of question.

Sets will probably be in. If they add rewards for wearing multiple instead of one though remains to be seen. And they indeed would be static rewards handplaced in the world by OE.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't dislike the concept of Set Item, but in a cRPG they should not be placed randomly, and they should not give particular set bonuses, unless they are something blessed/cursed like the sets in The Witcher 2 dark mode.

I don't dislike the concept of Set Item, but in a cRPG they should not be placed randomly...

This is exactly what I was getting at. :yes: I recognize that in Project Eternity, loot is not going to be randomly generated but how a set gets into players hands is another matter entirely.