Cheatcodes for Project Eternity

There is a cheat console command to unlock hidden commands that we decided would be considered cheating. It unlocks some other things that the devs use for testing, like fast travel to any area, and some other things. I decided to ship with cheats to allow for ease of access to script commands and other useful features that might help modders. 

Cheats will deactivate achievements for that entire play through, so don't use them if you want to get achievements. :)

• Like 9

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Technically you can cheat now however there is no point in beta. Also you may still be able to still get achievements depending on how you go about doing it but that means messing with some variables and what not. Unless they have someone really good at scripting the game to detect any numbers changed than it will lock up as far as you just not getting them. Personally I beat a game before I cheat in the game. Also does not mean you are not a real gamer if you cheat just means you are cheating to get fun out of the game the side effect of cheating means the game is shorter that's the drawback to cheating. You don't need to use the  console command to cheat more than just that way to cheat.

Using the console is modding on-the-fly.

Checking variables, scripts, testing areas and encounters and so on is much more important than AddGold(###) (and even that has its use).

Thank you for keeping these in. :)

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

After multiple "legit" runs or at least many hours of something, I'll often enjoy some console command cheat messing around when available, when I want to geek and test or just plain goof off. Or as mentioned, if it helps with a glitch issue.

Single-player games I see no issue with leaving such in. Affects no one else and up to player if they want to cheat/use them. So nice that some are in there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts