What Obsidian signatures do you expect or hope for?

I don't mean something so broad as "mature themes." Let's get to specifics. Animated armors, wizards a little too obsessed with fire, and winged priestesses aren't high up on my list. Perhaps the party rogue will be a female godlike of lower ancestry.

But I think there's one thing I think we'll all hope for in unison. A blind old woman with dreams and perhaps an unhealthy obsession with the PC.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

An incarnation of Ravel HAS to exist in PE. It has too. :sadpuppydogeyes:

Your post about it a few days ago is what inspired me to create a thread. Then I realized we hadn't seen the group rogue yet, either.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Perhaps the party rogue will be a female godlike of lower ancestry.

Played BG2 with Fade?

---

Nothing in particular comes to mind in regards to Obsidian staples that I want to see in PE, but there is something that I don't want to see: A bumbling, stuttering idiot like Virgil from Arcanum as a companion (have never played past the first town... Virgil and the broken mechanics were too much for me). Even Minsc in BG2 was too much (tho I used him in BG). So... yeah... no Jar Jar Binks type sidekicks, plz.

Edited by ddillon

Virgil hardly talks after the first town, and given the 20+ NPCs in that game, you're cheating yourself out of a magnificent game.

I'd like the occasional dabble into pop metaphysics.

Virgil hardly talks after the first town, and given the 20+ NPCs in that game, you're cheating yourself out of a magnificent game.

Really? You're not just saying that to get me to play the game? Cuz I *hate* Virgil... What makes the situation even worse is that (I've been told) you miss a large portion of the story if you ditch (or kill... ) him. Might give the game another chance if what you say is true. ;)

Edited by ddillon

Really? You're not just saying that to get me to play the game? Cuz I *hate* Virgil... What makes the situation even worse is that (I've been told) you miss a large portion of the story if you ditch (or kill... ) him. Might give the game another chance if what you say is true. ;)

If you hate him that much, ditch him. You miss only one specific NPC (Virgil's 'mentor') and the pretty tangential way in which he fits into the main story. And, of course, some other elements involving Virgil's personal story itself, as he turns out not to be a loyal puppy dog after all.

I thought you were talking about signatures on the CE box =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein