How do I add extras to my pledge?

I can't see an option for this, and I want to add the expansion. Does anyone know how?

Edit: Wait so I've just read update 4, if I'm understanding this right I change my pledge amount and after I'm charged I tell them what upgrades I want? If that's right how does it work with the expansion which is only available for a limitted time?

Edited by Jojobobo

I know how to change amounts and rewards tiers, but not really the "additions" (unless you just want to change to a tier that includes the expansion)?

There is a "Manage Your Pledge" button on the upper right corner of the kickstarter page where you can change the amount and select different tiers.

edit to add: I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you can specify on the survey that will be sent around later what "surplus" money on your pledge is intended for.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No it's the addition of the expansion I'm after. From reward 4:

"As a quick tutorial on how to add add-ons, goto the Project Eternity site on Kickstarter and then hit the Manage Your Pledge button. The reward tier you had already selected will still be selected and the amount will be in the big box at the top. All you need to do is add the dollar amount that covers the add-ons you would like to your pledge and enter the new total number. For instance, if you are at the $35 Pledge level and want to add one Digital Download, you would enter $60 as your total pledge."

So that sounds like you just change your pledge and get the option to add stuff on at the end, however from update 19:

"Due to popular demand and for a limited time, we are offering the ability to add our first expansion pack, due out approximately six months after Project Eternity ships. Any money contributed to add-on the expansion now will be used to make the main game larger. The expansion budget is not being created by money from this Kickstarter."

So I don't really realise how these things work in tandem with each other. Also is there any guarantee that if I didn't get the add-on I wanted (for whatever reason) then I could get refunded the amount that I spent to get the add-on in the first place?

Obsidian is internally funding the expansion soley with their own cash reserves and presumably from profits generated on the sale of PE.

As for a guarantee of a refund ... I doubt it ... but I'm not exactly sure what your concern is? PE will be made, it will sell some units, it will make them money and they will be creating an expansion pack. Unless you think the whole thing is a clever ruse by Feargus to secure enough money to skip country and buy that villa in Costa Rica he's had his eye on ... oops?! Did I just type that?

Increase your pledge by the cost of the desired add-on(s) without changing your selected reward. After the end of the Kickstarter, you will be sent a survey in which you can specify which add-ons you wanted.

I'd guess that the expansion add-on being a limited time offer means that it will only be offered for the duration of the Kickstarter (not for post-Kickstarter PayPal/Obsidian store pledges).

FWIW, I'm sure the expansion pack will be available for retail purchase indefinitely and not just a one off thing for Kickstarter backers.

Right, I was just referring to the "get it free when released" pledge add-on option.

Edited by ddillon

I'd guess that the expansion add-on being a limited time offer means that it will only be offered for the duration of the Kickstarter (not for post-Kickstarter PayPal/Obsidian store pledges).

That's what I thought, but it could have been made more expressly clear as it is slightly confusing. Hopefully projects like this might prompt Kickstarter to re-design the pledge page so add-ons can be added to a pledge in advance before someone is charged.

That's what I thought, but it could have been made more expressly clear as it is slightly confusing. Hopefully projects like this might prompt Kickstarter to re-design the pledge page so add-ons can be added to a pledge in advance before someone is charged.

I agree it would be convenient, but I have doubts that Kickstarter would do that, as they have repeatedly stress that Kickstarter is not an online store.

Yeah I know, I just didn't understand this was quite how the add-ons process worked and that they sent a survey round afterwards; I guess update 4 doesn't really explain the process as well as it could (a line like "and then when you are charged you will recieve a survey with which you can check off which add-ons you want" would help) - unless I'm being stupid and this was explained somewhere really obvious on the home page of the project? Thanks for replies anyway.