I know, I know... I'm mad. But this is my idea and it's totally... mad.

PE will be a single player game, right?

And you may play it offline, right?

BUT... just in case... think about a global chat box in the SINGLE PLAYER game...

while you play you could still chat as in an MMO.

no other feature would be online and "online" would not be required...

in fact imagine this:

there's sitting a tiny icon in the corner and when you hover it, it says "chat offline".

and you can play to your heart's content.

BUT... just in case... think about clicking it and a spinner appears and after some 10 seconds your little chat box is online with many channels (general, help, "by zone", etc.)...

wouldn't it be great to keep the Kickstarter/Obsidian community somehow still connected even after or, better yet, during play? Obsidian would just have to put up a next-to-no-cost server for chatting, even a meager bandwidth would do.

Need help? ask for it online without leaving the game!

I know, I know... I'm mad. But this is my idea and it's totally... mad.

PE will be a single player game, right?

And you may play it offline, right?

BUT... just in case... think about a global chat box in the SINGLE PLAYER game...

while you play you could still chat as in an MMO.

no other feature would be online and "online" would not be required...

in fact imagine this:

there's sitting a tiny icon in the corner and when you hover it, it says "chat offline".

and you can play to your heart's content.

BUT... just in case... think about clicking it and a spinner appears and after some 10 seconds your little chat box is online with many channels (general, help, "by zone", etc.)...

wouldn't it be great to keep the Kickstarter/Obsidian community somehow still connected even after or, better yet, during play? Obsidian would just have to put up a next-to-no-cost server for chatting, even a meager bandwidth would do.

Need help? ask for it online without leaving the game!

I'd support such an optional feature!

+1 :yes:

35167v4.jpg

Hmmmm... the good thing about this idea is that it would require much resources for development, besides the money needed for the server to keep the chat going,

Also since this will be optional it should not cause much of problem.

I mean if you are stuck with a quest and have no idea where to go or what to do, how to gather certain items for some potion, open the chat ans ask if somene knows.... basicaly for lazy people that do not want to search on internet for the answer, which btw could not be on forums.

Even though I like the idea, I do not think I will use it if there is no MP/

toplogow.jpg