Mega Dungeon Level Ideas

Well, I probably not getting agreed upon a lot here.

While many mention quests to go to the dungeon, I rather take it further, having several quests added outside of the dungeon asking fro resolution in the dungeon. Keeping the dungeon part of the game, even if it IS optional.

It's also part of not making the dungeon "fire and forget". While I do agree I want good lore and a nice story inside the dungeon I would prefer it if a level would be cut by adventuring and then another level, adventuring. So not 'in and straight to the end' as some people here really like. So absolutely fine if the first level is aimed at level 3 or so and the final actually level 12.

As for the content of the levels, I think OE will do just fine.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Skaven FTW

:yes:

You can't get more classical than killing rats in a dungeon.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm hoping the entire dungeon or at least the last levels of it will be end game content. I know some people may not agree with this, but for such an enormous project and a wonderful concept, I'd really love for it to be something end game that I can enjoy later on and not something I delve into within the first few levels of my character.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I'm assuming that the entire dungeon will be "recommended" for a higher level party. I'd hate to get my expectations whipped up to a frenzy from all the Hype, only to discover that it's nothing more than a giant kobold stronghold. Because that would be the biggest letdown ever.

I only know of the one on the kickstarter page, it's up to 6 levels right now.

ff0ea1073829dba00c67451cd9b1fca6_large.jpg?1350023075

Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Perhaps there is an in-bred community of Necromancers living deep in the dungeon? They've discovered the secret of living (somewhat) safely among the undead, but in the process have become living dead themselves. The community established themselves early in the history of the dungeon and have become cut off from the outside, forming their own culture. They employ the undead as their slaves while working to solve the great eternal mystery of how to become immortal. As they very slowly age and die over the course of centuries, the experiments in necromancy are used to transform their corpses into various sentient abominations; often different from each other and with varying special abilities. These wander the rest of the dungeon, engaging in incomprehensible tasks and using the other undead as their minions. The abominations battle among themselves for power, forming factions and engaging in long-running feuds. The more powerful dwell deeper in the dungeon, while the weaker are forced nearer to the surface, where they scheme to work their way deeper down the pecking order.

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."