Sith historical ties

Does this sound familiar! Sounds very much like what happen during the SW saga to me! But  :p it's nothing to do with the Nazis.

Palpatine used his force abilities to suppress resistance to his progress to chancellor.

Source

Source 2

The Soviets seized power with the purported objective of creating a 'classless' society in which all people were equal and the working class and proletariat had absolute control, after the supposed 'transitionary phase' of absolute dictatorship. They were a dictatorship that pretended to hold on to power for a limited time, claiming to be preparing the way for a 'better' society.

The Nazis seized power with the purported objective of absolute dictatorship, with a strict hierarchy leading up to one all-powerful leader who could make decisions quickly and efficiently, without the encumbrace of Senates and commitees and such. They seized power, and they never pretended they were ever going to give it up.

Which sounds closer to the Empire?

Good point. I think we can all agree that GL took inspiration from many places but the Nazi regime was more influential because of the serials he used to watch back in the day ie. serials he based Indiana Jones off of.

Does this sound familiar! Sounds very much like what happen during the SW saga to me! But  :) it's nothing to do with the Nazis.

Palpatine used his force abilities to suppress resistance to his progress to chancellor.

Source

Source 2

The Soviets seized power with the purported objective of creating a 'classless' society in which all people were equal and the working class and proletariat had absolute control, after the supposed 'transitionary phase' of absolute dictatorship. They were a dictatorship that pretended to hold on to power for a limited time, claiming to be preparing the way for a 'better' society.

The Nazis seized power with the purported objective of absolute dictatorship, with a strict hierarchy leading up to one all-powerful leader who could make decisions quickly and efficiently, without the encumbrace of Senates and commitees and such. They seized power, and they never pretended they were ever going to give it up.

What does it matter if it is closer? There are parallels to other regimes as well but the way ur stating ur case that is not allowed. Its like it has to be the nazis and no-one else! I just think ur over stating the importance of the similarities! As i already said only GL actually knows the truth.

So well done u have spotted similarities between the Nazis and the Empire!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Does this sound familiar! Sounds very much like what happen during the SW saga to me! But  :o it's nothing to do with the Nazis.

Source

Source 2

You don't know much about Stalin, don't you?

He was an ice cold imperialist. He claimed for power, crushed all opposition and expanded his empire. Under his brutal rule millions of people lost their lifes. And by the way he was also used to kill communist idealists.

So the only difference that remains compared to Hitler is that he never initiated a world war.

Your view of "Communism" sounds very nice :) , but has absolutely nothing to do with reallity! :)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

You don't know much about Stalin, don't you?

He was an ice cold imperialist. He claimed for power, crushed all opposition and expanded his empire. Under his brutal rule millions of people lost their lifes. And by the way he was also used to kill communist idealists.

So the only difference that remains compared to Hitler is that he never initiated a world war.

Your view of "Communism" sounds very nice ;) , but has absolutely nothing to do with reallity! ;)

Ironically, just finished a book on the Russian Revolution, and have read quite a bit about Stalin outside of that.

You're missing some very, very important words above.

"The Soviets seized power with the purported objective of creating a 'classless' society in which all people were equal and the working class and proletariat had absolute control, after the supposed 'transitionary phase' of absolute dictatorship. They were a dictatorship that pretended to hold on to power for a limited time, claiming to be preparing the way for a 'better' society."

If you're still missing it:

The Soviets said they were creating a better, more equal society while murdering millions and enslaving millions more. Their message sounded good while their methods and actual goals were ruthless and evil.

The Nazis said they were forging a racial Empire with the Aryans at the top of the food chain. Hitler never pretended he was going to bring freedom to anyone, ever, but rather emphasized that dictatorship worked better than democracy. The message sounded ruthless and evil from the start, and continued to be ruthless and evil straight through to methods and actual goals.

Do you follow me now?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The Soviets said they were creating a better, more equal society while murdering millions and enslaving millions more. Their message sounded good while their methods and actual goals were ruthless and evil.

You have just disproved ur point! Palpatine said he was trying to protect the republic when in fact he was trying to create a dictatorship! That sounds more like what happen in Russia from what u have just said.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

You have just disproved ur point! Palpatine said he was trying to protect the republic when in fact he was trying to create a dictatorship! That sounds more like what happen in Russia from what u have just said.

At first the Emperor said he was trying to protect the Republic. Do you actually think he was still saying that when he dissolved the Senate? By that time, the message of the Empire was clear: Emperor Palpatine was going to rule a government in which all the red tape and 'democratic' trappings of the Republic were abolished in favor of swift and decisive action originating from him. There would never again be an indecisive Republic, but rather a bold and powerful Empire. There was no 'transitional phase', even in rheotoric.

Honestly, I would understand if you were just casually offering counterpoints, but you sound positively worked up that anyone could say the Empire was inspired by the Nazis. Why, exactly, is this such a big deal to you?

"The Soviets seized power with the purported objective of creating a 'classless' society in which all people were equal and the working class and proletariat had absolute control, after the supposed 'transitionary phase' of absolute dictatorship. They were a dictatorship that pretended to hold on to power for a limited time, claiming to be preparing the way for a 'better' society."

The only thing I can follow here is that you have quoted Communist propaganda. If you believe this or not is your problem ;) . But what would you say if someone else comes into this forum and posts Nazi propaganda? Words can sound sooooo nice, but why don't we speak about the results of these words? In history both ideologies have led to the deaths of millions of people. They both didn't care about individuals!

After a long time (when everthing seems so far far away....) there are always some people left who tend to glorify the past for unknown reasons...

The only thing I can follow here is that you have quoted Communist propaganda. If you believe this or not is your problem ;) . But what would you say if someone else comes into this forum and posts Nazi propaganda? Words can sound sooooo nice, but why don't we speak about the results of these words? In history both ideologies have led to the deaths of millions of people. They both didn't care about individuals!

After a long time (when everthing seems so far far away....) there are always some people left who tend to glorify the past for unknown reasons...

Did you even bother to read my follow-up post? ;)

At first the Emperor said he was trying to protect the Republic. Do you actually think he was still saying that when he dissolved the Senate? By that time, the message of the Empire was clear: Emperor Palpatine was going to rule a government in which all the red tape and 'democratic' trappings of the Republic were abolished in favor of swift and decisive action originating from him. There would never again be an indecisive Republic, but rather a bold and powerful Empire. There was no 'transitional phase', even in rheotoric.

Honestly, I would understand if you were just casually offering counterpoints, but you sound positively worked up that anyone could say the Empire was inspired by the Nazis. Why, exactly, is this such a big deal to you?

Me? Its u who is adamant that it is true. All i'm suggesting is that there are other possible influences that could have been drawn upon. ;)

Plus I'm bored thats why i'm still posting here! :D

Me? Its u who is adamant that it is true. All i'm suggesting is that there are other possible influences that could have been drawn upon. ;)

Plus I'm board thats why i'm still posting here! :D

Yes, there are other possible influences. But, connecting the dots, you have to admit there are a lot of specific similiarities between the Empire and Nazi Germany.

That doesn't mean I'm married to the idea. It just means I'm not going to ignore the evidence sitting right in front of my face, especially when Star Wars came from the same mind as the Nazi-centric Indiana Jones series.

A few maybe! But i'm sure ur gonna remind us of all the similarities. ;)

The only thing I can follow here is that you have quoted Communist propaganda. If you believe this or not is your problem :lol: . But what would you say if someone else comes into this forum and posts Nazi propaganda? Words can sound sooooo nice, but why don't we speak about the results of these words? In history both ideologies have led to the deaths of millions of people. They both didn't care about individuals!

Did you even bother to read my follow-up post? ;)

Okay sorry, there has been a big misunderstanding!

The only thing I don't agree with, is that the Hitler dictatorship seemed evil from the beginning of. At the beginning (mid-30's) the majority of the German people couldn't actually forsee what there would be coming. They first saw improvements, increasing economy etc., not WWII. I dare the speculation, that most of them (including many of the Jewish citizens) also didn't imagine that something like the holocaust would happen.

But at the latest with the invasion of Poland by German and Soviet troops the "shroud of the dark side" fell...

Guys, this needs to get away from the geopolitical structure of the Third Reich and back into KoTOR or it's going bye bye.

This always happens (and not only in this thread) when there are no more news by the devs that we can talk about :(