Can we get some word on the extent of the beta? How early it'll be available, how much of the game will be included, how deep input will be looked for, etc. I don't want to pay extra for early access to find, like other recent betas, it's just a glorified demo or input deeper than spelling errors won't be regarded because the game is basically done. Thanks!

It's probably too early for Obsidian to decide this yet, but I'd like to know too.... Hopefully we'll find out before the KS ends.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

It's probably too early for Obsidian to decide this yet, but I'd like to know too.... Hopefully we'll find out before the KS ends.

If you want just the digital game and beta access you gotta pony up double if you didn't get the early bird special so I hope if they already haven't thought about it they say something soon.

If you want just the digital game and beta access you gotta pony up double if you didn't get the early bird special so I hope if they already haven't thought about it they say something soon.

From the latest KS Q&A, it looks like they're still considering the details:

Q: What does early access beta entail? How early are we talking?

A: We are still working out all the details, however it will be early access to the game.

So, yeah... tick tock. :)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

It's too early for specifics on the beta test since it's a long ways off right now. I can tell you right now that:

1. You will be able to play the game (in an unfinished state) before it's released and before anyone not in the beta.

2. It won't be the entire game to avoid story spoilers being leaked. (subject to change, but that's the current plan)

Beta's are typically the time when we are finalizing the project, doing game balancing, polishing, play testing, and fixing a ton of bugs. We will be fixing and adjusting aspects of the game during this time as well, but all of the content should be in the game at this point. It should be very similar to other games' beta tests, but probably more personal since you will have direct access to the developer team.

I hope this answers your questions.

• Like 1

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Adam

You guys should make it a prologue chapter of the game...instead of Beta access to the full game

Preferable it should come out pretty early.

here are my thoughts:

The best thing for a stretch goal will be early playable content such as a Character Creation Tool with a playable area or prologue to introduce fans to the world and its mechanics.

This should happen sometime in 2013 and will serve two purposes:

Firstly, it will introduce fans to the world and its mechanics. People will have a better idea of the kind of character they might like to roll and the play style they prefer.

Secondly, It will give fans something to whet their appetites while they wait for the game release...not only that, it will increase the buzz and awareness about the game

At the request of fans, Bioware has been done a character creation tool all the Dragon Age games to date. It is a very popular feature

•  

Edited by Anaeme
  • Like 2

Anaeme's idea sounds very good and I definitely agree with him on the Dragon Age character creator example. It made a large difference for me when I decided to get the game. I was intrigued by the abilities that were available to choose from and the choices I had to make.