I know this is going to sound weird, but I want full clothing control.

If we're going to go with painted portraits, more choices in clothing gives the ability to make your character resemble the portrait in style of dress or hair/headgear would be good, IMO.

But who knows what they'll have time for...?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd love my companions to protest if I strip them down to their underwear and don't equip any other armor to them. I've seen so many people on SWTOR who had their Mako companion run around in undies that I just wish this sort of demeaning behaviour could be stopped by game mechanics. I wouldn't mind having my companion zonking me on the head going "I'm not gonna walk around like this"

That would be great. Also I'd like companions or other NPCs to react if my character runs around naked.

obsidian-shield.jpg

Because playing dress-up is a big priority in a top-down perspective game where your on-screen characters are far away enough from the camera that visual details on them are almost indistinguishable.

And yet wasn't there huge fights over proper cloaks in the IE games.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For this game I don't really care, but as an artist who used to spend hours drawing character portraits for myself and other players in my old PnP group in high school, I can understand the impulse to have full customization of avatars. Maybe the compromise is having a larger "paper doll" in the inventory screen where people can really spend some time tweaking things to their heart's content.

However, It's one of those things that I think should be reserved for stretch goals after they can fund a fully realized game from a story standpoint. I'd be sorely disappointed if we missed out on story depth just so people could play with their dolly.

My ID mage always looked like a bloody power ranger and not at all like his portrait... guess the choice between 2 or 3 different stock models and more than 2 colourable areas would be enough to fix the problem for me. Not a high priority though, as long as I get a good story I can live with running around like a clown.

You know what would be cool, if you get in a fight in your undies, you get killed instantly or in one or two hits. This should make the player think hard on what kind of armor they should be wearing.

What would be even better, is if you are missing an armor piece, then your health would take more damage than if you had a full suit of armor. Now this would be a super cool feature. :yes:

The Barbie dressup component of RPGs cannot be underestimated. I can't begin to count the number of people i killed - then reloaded - in FONW because I absolutely needed to try on their hats.

There is no rule that says you can't have a prestige armor or two that can look the part because it only fit's one body type though.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.