The question on many people's mind

the question is aimed at Obsidian of course...

Which one of the following is true ?

1. You want to make the game the way you think it's best. This means ignoring (if necessary) suggestions from the fans.

2. You want to make a game that appeals to the people who played the rpgs on that picture/poster with different titles you were involved in.

3. You want to make a game that appeals to the people who like one or more titles from the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series.

4. You want to make a game that appeals to the people from n.2. and also the people from n.3.

My personal opinion (and probably a lot of other people's too):

1. (if true): Excellent !

2. (if true): Great !

3. (if true): Betrayers and false Messiahs all of you !

4. (if true): Pitiful !

For those that would try to argue that it's unfair to split players into old school vs DA lovers: it doesn't matter if it's fair or not, that's just the way it is.

This is not a plea to make the game that I want, this is in hope that the next piece of information Obsidian releases will clarify this point because it's rather important to some of us.

• Like 1

I think 2 is what they've been stating. Sawyer and Avellone like to talk about getting feedback on ideas from the fans and build "for the fans." Though they've also talked about particular ideas that they are personally passionate about and would like to do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think 1.5 would be best, myself. There must be "2" territory because, after all, this is a Kickstarter venture.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

1 and 2-3-4 are somewhat orhogonal I think.

On #1 - trust the developers to do their job. Ideas can be had from frans, sure - but just because a particular poll says "75% want Grenades!", doesn't mean it should be automatically considered.

As for what appeal group they are going for, I though it was rather obvious from the information they've already given.

Which one of the following is true ?

1. You want to make the game the way you think it's best. This means ignoring (if necessary) suggestions from the fans.

2. You want to make a game that appeals to the people who played the rpgs on that picture/poster with different titles you were involved in.

3. You want to make a game that appeals to the people who like one or more titles from the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series.

4. You want to make a game that appeals to the people from n.2. and also the people from n.3.

My personal opinion (and probably a lot of other people's too):

1. (if true): Excellent !

2. (if true): Great !

3. (if true): Betrayers and false Messiahs all of you !

4. (if true): Pitiful !

For those that would try to argue that it's unfair to split players into old school vs DA lovers: it doesn't matter if it's fair or not, that's just the way it is.

This is not a plea to make the game that I want, this is in hope that the next piece of information Obsidian releases will clarify this point because it's rather important to some of us.

I loved BG1+2, PST, Arcanum and other old school rpgs and despite da2 being a fiasco and the last ten minutes of ME3 being utter-------- on a stick, I loved DA:O and the Mass effect series while not a traditional or old school rpg, was still A ROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playing Game....... you played a role ------> therefore it was and RPG or if you are being finicky an RPG with shooter combat or an RPG/ shooter hybrid. It was still a great game series and in the 2nd and third games despite the increase in shooter elements the morality system continued to blur the lines of conventional morality and had some great moments where small stories or characters developed throughout the three games.

It is unfair to split the two groups, it is not the way it is!

1 and 2-3-4 are somewhat orhogonal I think.

On #1 - trust the developers to do their job. Ideas can be had from frans, sure - but just because a particular poll says "75% want Grenades!", doesn't mean it should be automatically considered.

As for what appeal group they are going for, I though it was rather obvious from the information they've already given.

Agreed

I think 1.5 would be best, myself. There must be "2" territory because, after all, this is a Kickstarter venture.

I agree. When I heard about this at 4:50 PM EDT on Friday I jumped over to the Kickstart page because I had played games Obsidian had developed or had some input into the development. It was their track record that drew me in. i am sure they have been discussing an plannning this for a while and have good idea of the general basics of the game. They have opened up this forum where we can make suggestions and ask questions and they have shown an interest in it.

The Obsidian Devs have to make the final decision of what is reasonable, doable, works but they need us the investors. They won't please all of us 100% but I am sure some of our ideas will be implemented.

Options 3 & 4 are not good. I enjoyed DA:O but it wasn't the game I really wanted. I did want a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate, to Planescape/Torment.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I loved BG1+2, PST, Arcanum and other old school rpgs and despite da2 being a fiasco and the last ten minutes of ME3 being utter-------- on a stick, I loved DA:O and the Mass effect series while not a traditional or old school rpg, was still A ROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playing Game....... you played a role ------> therefore it was and RPG or if you are being finicky an RPG with shooter combat or an RPG/ shooter hybrid. It was still a great game series and in the 2nd and third games despite the increase in shooter elements the morality system continued to blur the lines of conventional morality and had some great moments where small stories or characters developed throughout the three games.

It is unfair to split the two groups, it is not the way it is!

I'm afraid it is, at least for me. It has been discussed and argued again and again so there's no point in beating the proverbial dead horse. Suffice to say I consider the new generation of Bioware games to be a simplified version of the old and I cannot enjoy them for what they are. In this aspect I cannot be swayed by any argument.

Also, this has no impact on my pledge. I support this game based on Obsidian's writing skills alone. I am curious however to know which way they lean on the old school vs new school axis.

And I must admit that personally I am a bit... worried that they will listen to suggestions such as "I want romances with everyone and everything, and a big house to choose furniture and hoard my adopted orphan kids !!!lol ". As offensive as this may sound, and I apologize, I feel that the increasing number of these kind of "fans" is somehow to blame for not finding games suitable to my tastes anymore.

I'm afraid it is, at least for me. It has been discussed and argued again and again so there's no point in beating the proverbial dead horse. Suffice to say I consider the new generation of Bioware games to be a simplified version of the old and I cannot enjoy them for what they are. In this aspect I cannot be swayed by any argument.

I am in the same camp.

And I too would like to find out just how modernized this thing is going to be.

I have been able to enjoy the newer games for what they are, but as a previous poster has said, none of them have scratched that itch. Not even a little bit.