Xcom

Obviously you're not going to camp corners all the time, most of the time a good sniper is enough to get rid of almost every enemy in JA2.

I'm not complaining, its just a game - if it had anything to do with real life your team would be dead come the first encounter on account of trying to start a revolution in a foreign country armed only with handguns.

Turn based games are even less realistic than real time ones, so the only thing XCom needs to do is be fun and challenging and that should be enough.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well that's Morgoth in a nutshell. Jumping to conclusions is his forte. :D

edit: Or maybe he did read it and No Alien base invasion made him think about canceling. But that's just not like him . :o

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I have faith in Firaxis, they have a good track record. (Meaning they made SMAC so they get a free pass from me.)

Suitably positive previews. Also, tutorials are for the weak.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like it, its looking good. Hope there is a toggle for all the little cinematic camera effects because I foresee them becoming really annoying after a while.

Good thing the graphics aren't too intensive, this should run on my system without a hitch.

Next, Alpha Centauri remake please. Without major gameplay changes if at all possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Such wit!

Anyways, a bit disappointing, but not unexpected, that it's basically the tutorial stuff. Still, gives a good view of how it controls and all that. It feels slightly clunky to me, especially some of the movement (is there a free camera, or just the locked camera angles with Q and E?). But it's also a pretty involved game so I think one will grow into the controls quite quickly. Still... I must say that I had higher expectations on the PC stuff. It doesn't feel completely intuitive to me.

Main disappointment so far for me was actually the music which I feel is... well, too close to Deus Ex Human Revolution really. I don't think it feels particularly fitting for X-Com.

But I have to say that I'm almost 100% sure that this game will provide a lot of entertainment for me.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It's one railroaded tutorial and then one very simple mission after that.

Basically, if you have followed the game thus far (seen some gameplay, read some interview, maybe watcher a dev walkthrough) then it's pretty unnecessary to download the demo.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0