The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

His antics are awesome. WAAA! he didn't go to the WH. Big deal... WAAAAAAAAAAA! he decided to take a year off to spend with family because unlike rnadom yahoo spammers here he cana ctually afford sucha  decision. BOO HOO!

The fact people cry over Tim Thomas is hialrious. He's ana wesoem goalie, and the NHL can't claim to have the best players when he isn't playing.. just like the stupidity when Jagrn't allowed to play in the NHL.

In conclusion, Thomas > U

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jagr went to go play hockey in his home country, I respect that completely.  

Thomas has shown disrespect for the game and for the USA with his actions.  There are plenty of ways to voice your political opinions in a respectful manner, and he has gone out of his way to do the opposite.  

He has a contract to play hockey this year.  I'm a bit confused on why they can't cancel it or he can't simply retire and return in another year if he wants, but it seems like he put the Bruins in a bad situation here.

"Jagr went to go play hockey in his home country, I respect that completely. "

That's not how that worked. Jagr wanted a 3 year contract. The Rangers (and other interested teams) wanted to giv him 1 year ebcause he was 'too old' to play another 3 eyar sin the NHL... that was 5 years ago.

"Thomas has shown disrespect for the game and for the USA with his
actions.  There are plenty of ways to voice your political opinions in a
respectful manner, and he has gone out of his way to do the opposite. "

No. He showed respect for the game and the US. You show disprect to the game iand the US by your crying about his politics.

"He has a contract to play hockey this year.  I'm a bit confused on
why they can't cancel it or he can't simply retire and return in another
year if he wants, but it seems like he put the Bruins in a bad
situation here."

Boston could have (and now NYI) can make it so he has to honour his last year of the contract next season if he decides to play. Know the rules of the NHl or don't spam silly stuff. He's not getting 'out' of the contract. Sorry.

Devils, what are you doing? You aren't supposed to be at the top of the East. Everyone said you probably wouldn't even make the playoffs without Parise and with Brodeur picking out his coffin.

David Clarkson might actually outscore Ilya Kovalchuk this season and that isn't a knock on Kovy...Clarkson has been absolutely unreal.

Who is everyone? Last i ehard, NJ was one of the top teams in the elague. Afterall, they reached the Finals. And, Kovy has come from 'worst defense ever' to 'best defense ever'. L0L

Krookie sound svery better b/c maybe 1 or 2 peons had the dare to make fun of his team. Boo hoo.

Who is everyone? Last i ehard, NJ was one of the top teams in the elague. Afterall, they reached the Finals. And, Kovy has come from 'worst defense ever' to 'best defense ever'. L0L

Krookie sound svery better b/c maybe 1 or 2 peons had the dare to make fun of his team. Boo hoo.

tsk tsk volo stop acting like you enjoy hockey if you don't even do your research. i know you're bitter about the rags wasting their money on rick nash's 3 goals this season but calm down there 

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings/_/season/2013/week/1

espn

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130109/nhl-preseason-power-rankings/

sports illustrated

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1476068-2013-nhl-power-rankings-by-conference-post-lockout-edition/page/13

bleacher report

That's your deifntion of 'everyone'? L0LZ

Eh. Nash is doing fine. With such a ****ty one dimensional coach I don't expect any Ranger - even pure goal scorers - to score  abunch of goals. He's  not doing badly points wise all things considered. And, we're 'struggling' yet are .500. I'll take that. On top of that, as long as we have Torturechips, I don't cry when the Rangers do poorly because the more we lose with our so called 'stack' team the quicker he gets fired.

R00fles!

Being as productive as you can be under the system you are working under. I believe Nahs 8 points in 11 games playing for Turturechips. That's a pretty decent point total comapred to Nash's previous seasons when he wasn't being handicapped.

Ok. You know the Leafs are having a good season when you don't wake up to dread every morning to check the NHL results.

Matt.. Frattin?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Being as productive as you can be under the system you are working under. I believe Nahs 8 points in 11 games playing for Turturechips. That's a pretty decent point total comapred to Nash's previous seasons when he wasn't being handicapped.

Playing in Columbus is a handicap.

Noty as much as Torturechips who despite offense being a mainr eason why he wona  cup seems to hate offense nowaways. He'd rather play a bunch of 2-1 or 3-2 games which will only lead to what happen in this past playoff - players tiring out needing to feel being perfect. That's EPIC fail.

Should point tout that Nash actually has 9 points in 11 games and is +8. That's prettya wesome. he also has an assist and is +1 tonight. Yup, Nash is doing well.

So then he IS thriving under Torts? 

Hurricanes actually look pretty decent this year. 1 2 punch of the Staals down the middle coupled with a dangerous winger with each (Skinner/Semin) is pretty scary. 

He's thriving IN SPITE of Torts. Even a crappy coach like Torturechips cna't completelyd estroy a player. Just like Ovechkin managed to score 30+ goals last seasond espite the horrible coaching he had to endure.

I always thought it was weird that Semin didn't do better, he was extremely talented in international play.

edit:  Just checked his stats, he did have some pretty great seasons.  I guess it was just tough under the shadow of Ovechkin.  Still, hopefully he will thrive in a new environment.

Edited by Hurlshot

I always thought it was weird that Semin didn't do better, he was extremely talented in international play.

edit:  Just checked his stats, he did have some pretty great seasons.  I guess it was just tough under the shadow of Ovechkin.  Still, hopefully he will thrive in a new environment.

Semin is one of those ultra-talented players that just doesn't put up the numbers for whatever reason. Like Nick Zherdev. But I think the move will be good for him, he's definietely capable of a 90+ point season under the right conditions. 

All the Caps' offensive players starting going down in stats the more their coach/fans/'ex[perts' handcuffed them into being 'defensive first' think that defense would make a team better. No, you play to your strengths. If your strength is offense you play offense. I mean, Oilers would have have a hard time winning cups if they had a 'defense first' mantra. So what if your iopponents score 4 goals if you cans core 5 or 6 b./c you have more offgesnive talent who can finish.

Just dumb.