The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

Sorry Krookster. I was shaking my head at Edmonton gassing a 3-1 lead to lose to the Sharks in a shootout.

This shortened season could be bad for a few teams. I'd laugh if Washington doesn't make it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Sorry Krookster. I was shaking my head at Edmonton gassing a 3-1 lead to lose to the Sharks in a shootout.

This shortened season could be bad for a few teams. I'd laugh if Washington doesn't make it.

New coach and a struggling "super" star doesn't add up to a playoff year for Washington, I don't think. It's interesting to see the Habs and the Leafs in the playoff picture...Hell, even the Islanders are knocking on the door

Yeah, Washington, Philly and the Rangers all out of playoff positions just feel weird. I don't even know how Ottawa is staying ahead of the pack considering the injured players they have and are dealing with. The west is definitely closer to what I'd expect except for Columbus somehow being only 2 points out of a playoff position.

I wish Oates was coaching the Oilers. What he could teach the centers about face offs alone would be worth it.

If Columbus made it to the dance, that would be something. I don't really care for the team myself, but you have to admire the way the bring their lunch pail to the rink and grind out consecutive wins. It's like watching the Coyotes minus the trap.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It looks like Iginla is on his way to Boston. If so, I see them going deep into the playoffs.

I won't miss him lighting it up against the Oilers four plus times a year. If there was ever a Flamer that I'd like to play for Edmonton, it would be Jarome.

Or Al MacInnes in his heyday.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I went to the Sharks game last night and watched them blow the Ducks out of the water 4-0.  They outplayed them the whole game and had quite a few quality chances.  Still, I'm not sold on them being a strong team.  They have a lot of talent, and so they are going to win games and make the playoffs, but they have some big flaws and I think those will get exposed by any good teams they meet in a 7 game series.  They just lack team speed and guys with hands who can bury the pucks in front of the net.  I'm not sure what they can really do about it, they don't have much in the way of prospects.

I was really hoping that neither Pittsburgh or Boston would manage to pick up Iginla. Montreal has had a good year so far. I think they'd have a decent chance getting by Boston in the playoffs, but unless Fleury goes back to his form from the Pitts/Philly series last year I'm not sure that Montreal could take them in a seven game series.

Isn't Vokoun their backup? He's no slouch.

Would be interesting to see him get some starts in the playoffs. 

If you couldn't call Crosby injury-prone before this season, you definitely can now. Broken jaw in yesterday's game. 

"Would be interesting to see him get some starts in the playoffs. "

Vokoun hasn't won crap. there's a reaSOn why he ios no longer good enough to be a staRter. Meanwhile, Fleury has back to back finals appearances with a cup win. **** YEAH!

"If you couldn't call Crosby injury-prone before this season, you definitely can now. Broken jaw in yesterday's game. "

Nope. He's not injury prone. It was a freak accident.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.