Dungeon Siege III ships 820K units.

Labadal

If you aren't sure you understand what someone wrote you don't assume to know, you ask them to clarify. When youw er eins chool, and your teacher said something you weren't sure off did you just go with that to just later fail a test? That's what happened here. It was pretty clear to read but you couldn't fuigfure it out. I'd say your loss but it's clearly mine since I'm still responding to your clever trolling. Good job. :lol:

Also, since you lamely cotninue tod ebate another thread from another post (joiun the codex and go at it there).

My teachers could write sentences that made sense, you can't. I even went the trouble (yes, it took me like 15 seconds, 15 seconds I won't ever get back) to ask a bunch of my American friends how they understood that sentence and not one of them properly understood you. Good job :thumbsup:

Can't be bothered to join the Codex.

P.S My name isn't Boxxy.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm not Amerikan.. why should I care what your Amerikan (or heck Kanadian) friends think?

We're disucssing soemthing. They ain't so they are unimportant.. or should I ask one of my (non existent) friends how important this discussion is and report back their answer to you if we are gonna involved non board members in it? L0L

on topic: No matter how it';s sliced, 820k copies sold for a AAA title in 2011 for a game to two successful games that eaisly cleared a mil+ (if not pushing 2mil) has got to be dissapointing. Considierng that 4 of Obsidian's 6 titles have cleared 2mil sold, I'd say it's a major letdown.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow, its amazing how well Volourn knows the buisness side of things. I never knew that there is some pure rule that "820'000 just doesn't cut it for x developer in x year" exist. All those other things just aren't important compared to broad, general statements.

tumblr_ljutwtdTQl1qe7orj.gif

Volourn Style!

Edited by C2B

I'm not Amerikan.. why should I care what your Amerikan (or heck Kanadian) friends think?

We're disucssing soemthing. They ain't so they are unimportant.. or should I ask one of my (non existent) friends how important this discussion is and report back their answer to you if we are gonna involved non board members in it? L0L

Because you know they speak the same language as you do and prove that your sentence was ****ed up. But anyways, this is enough for me about this topic. Back to your regular trolling Voli.

Hate the living, love the dead.

820.000 copies is good for some games and bad for others. I doubt Dungeon Siege III had an AAA budget. Every game isn't expected to sell millions of copies. Many companies are happy to sell 500.000+ copies because usually their budget isn't as big as Bethesda, BioWare or Blizzard. Your'e being sillier than usual, Volourn and your "arguments" don't make sense.

Major movie studios do not strictly release super expensive to produce blockbusters, so I'm not sure why gaming studios are expected to do this. Everything points to DS3 having a small team, small production cycle, small advertising budget, etc. There is nothing wrong with that, and apparently Square Enix was satisfied with the sales return.

Major movie studios do not strictly release super expensive to produce blockbusters, so I'm not sure why gaming studios are expected to do this. Everything points to DS3 having a small team, small production cycle, small advertising budget, etc. There is nothing wrong with that, and apparently Square Enix was satisfied with the sales return.

Bolded part is true, and in the end that is the only thing that matters.

NWN2 = 2MIL = SUCCESS = HAPPINESS

KOTOR2 = 2MIL = SUCCESS = LA WINING TOO MUCH ANYWAYS

FO:LV = 5MIL = MAJOR SUCCESS = MORE SALES THAN ANY BIO GAMES (though DA and ME2 were in the same neighbourhood)

AP = LESS THAN 1 MIL = SO MUCH A FAILURE THAT THE PUBLISHER SLAMMED IT PUBLICLY

DS3 = LESS THAN 1 MIL = SOLD ABOUT THE SAME AS AP 9which was deemed a failure and I doubt the team sizes and costs were all that differenty) = SOLD FAR LESS THAN DS1 + DS2 (aren't the goals of sequels to sell AT LEAST in the same neighbourhood as the original hence why while DA2 sold very well - 2mil+ in a month it is considered a dissapointment sales wise comapred to DA1 despiute the fact it was much cheaper to make) = SOLD LESS THAN HALF THAN THE OTHER SEQUEL BASED GAMES OBSIDIAN DEVELOPED

You guys must be gullible and think i'nm gullible too. how in the bejeebers can DS3 considered a success after all those facts? LMAO

If Obsidian and SS are gonna pretend that DS3 is a success than their standards are really really low after Obsidian's previous successes. And, if I were Obsidian I'd be insulted to heard SS being happy with less than a mil sells.

EPIC FAIL ALL AROUND.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

AP = LESS THAN 1 MIL = SO MUCH A FAILURE THAT THE PUBLISHER SLAMMED IT PUBLICLY

- AP lingered in 'Development Hell' for a while, and went through three iterations of the story that saw massive changes to the tone and characters. Apparently the team on it was utterly depressed at the point when Chris became Lead Designer and nobody really believed in it. In short, AP took a lot more ressources to make.

- Aside from the commercial success, there is also the critical reception to consider, and that wasn't good, with many a publicized review that completely slammed the game.

(1) DS3 = LESS THAN 1 MIL = SOLD ABOUT THE SAME AS AP 9which was deemed a failure and I doubt the team sizes and costs were all that differenty)

(2) SOLD FAR LESS THAN DS1 + DS2 (aren't the goals of sequels to sell AT LEAST in the same neighbourhood as the original hence why while DA2 sold very well - 2mil+ in a month it is considered a dissapointment sales wise compared to DA1 despiute the fact it was much cheaper to make)

(3) SOLD LESS THAN HALF THAN THE OTHER SEQUEL BASED GAMES OBSIDIAN DEVELOPED

(1) Again, the costs aren't comparable. The time it took to get the game out of the doors isn't the same, the amount of resources put into the 'shiny' stuff, like cinematic dialogues, isn't the same, the score isn't the same, the development history for DS3 seems to have been a lot smoother than the one for AP, etc.

(2) DA2 is considered a disapointment because people feel like Bioware's decisions made their toll on the reception of the game, and many gamers see it as the sign that the new direction didn't take very well with the fans. Despite this, Bioware and EA are more than likely pleased with the numbers that the game made, just like SE is pleased with the numbers that DS3 did, despite some gamers' insistence that they were, in fact, failures.

(3) All those sequels were released three years maximum after original installments that were all massive hits, the public was still very aware of the existence of the previous game and the sequels kept the general gameplay of the originals. The DS series isn't as popular or well-known, even downright derided by some people as 'a game that plays itself', DS3 saw a big change in gameplay and focus, and was released a good 6 years after the last installment, all the time needed to get it out of the gamers' head.