Do you use Facebook?

Humodour

Would be interesting to see some stats on how their previous integration efforts have worked. Google's backyard is littered with dead or mostly dead services.

Yes, but that is true of all (well, can't think of any exceptions) large, successful, long lived tech companies. Certainly it's true for Apple and MS as well as Google. That is their greatest strength relative to FB, they can rely on successful products to provide revenue and to cross fertilise while knowing that failures will not bring down their company, while FB is- basically- a single product company. Should it fail, then they fail, and they would find it very difficult to arrest, let alone reverse, a slump.

True, but on the other hand it also makes them more impulsive and quick to leave their products to die(Wave, Buzz, Orkut, Jaiku, Dodgeball). It looked like they were pretty determined with g+, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Edited by Purkake

I don't think it's weird or wrong that not everything Google launches works. I mean any project is subject to other trends, and other offerrings eating up the attentional bandwidth of users, if nothing else.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think it's weird or wrong that not everything Google launches works. I mean any project is subject to other trends, and other offerrings eating up the attentional bandwidth of users, if nothing else.

Oh, obviously and it's a pretty good business plan if you can afford it. I'm just speculating on g+'s fate.

I was seriously considering getting a msartphone last night. But then I realised that this would deprive my friends of the pleasing superiority when I ask them to look something up on THEIR smartphones. So I won't.

A funny thing, I apparently totally pwned a former classmate who was asking me for a cable to load his iphone by flat-out saying I didn't have one. Guy totally ran off with his tail between his legs, tennis superstar and all.

Though I did have a 6' nurse/lingerie model sitting on my lap at the time.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Rather you than me. Sounds like that would play merry hell with my back!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They don't weigh much, poor things.

I think I feel the weight of destiny accumulating upon us. We must set up a charity to find and help the poor dears. We will bring them health giving nutritious beers, and have them do gentle exercise, like jogging or dancing.

-Elwood Blues

They don't weigh much, poor things.

I think I feel the weight of destiny accumulating upon us. We must set up a charity to find and help the poor dears. We will bring them health giving nutritious beers, and have them do gentle exercise, like jogging or dancing.

Or sex. It's good cardio.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif