Confused about PC controls

Look at this interview.

So, I've been playing for a while now and didn't notice anything wrong with the mouse and keyboard control, the thought didn't even occur to me.

Can someone explain what's the problem?

I hope Obsidian won't create a problem now trying to fix something that is nonexistent.

The only thing that needs to be done is to disable the game from ever zooming in.

Look at this interview.

So, I've been playing for a while now and didn't notice anything wrong with the mouse and keyboard control, the thought didn't even occur to me.

I hope Obsidian won't create a problem now trying to fix something that is nonexistent.

The only thing that needs to be done is to disable the game from ever zooming in.

I would guess some of it has to do with the fact that you can't bind your keys which must suck for left handed players. Other than that, I would imagine it's more of learn to play -issue. People get angry about the controllers (like yourself initially) and don't even bother.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I admit it was bit weird at first, but I think it was more to do with the camera and turning off auto orientation fixed that for me. Still, it would be nice if I could dodge left and right too and not just forward and back.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The realization that there are so many dumb people out there is truly horrifying, no wonder Bioware's games get poorer and poorer.

But this is the fault of companies too which pandered to braindead lazyness for years.

It reminds me of Obama really, he never leads, only reflects and panders to the lowest common denominator and that leads to regress not progress.

Still, it would be nice if I could dodge left and right too and not just forward and back.
Ummm...you can.

With keyboard?

You play with mouse primarily, right click for moving, left click for attacking, mouse direction for SPACE dodging in any direction, and numbers for abilities.

Seriously is that so hard, Dawn of War 2 is far more control demanding than this game.

You have one hand on the mouse and the other hand on 1,2,3 numbers and space, that's it.

Still, it would be nice if I could dodge left and right too and not just forward and back.
Ummm...you can.

With keyboard?

Use right mouse + Space bar = Roll to mouse! Personally I use the mouse to move works better for me.

My personal problem is that I don't find the mapping to be optimal. The key for empowered abilities is especially hard to attain, and I've often launched my '1' ability when trying to switch stances.

There is a comment in one of the reviews I read (Canard PC, France) that is actually really weird. They put out their review on their 06/17 issue of the magazine, but they say that they could have written it for the 06/01 issue, except that SE called them and said them that the PC controls were not complete and were going to get patched. They never were, and the mapping they have seems to be the same we have now. My impression that the current system was merely a stand-holder seems to be kind of correct, as in they intended to put out a better designed mapping of the keys, but in the end scratched those plans and decided to go directly for user-defined mappings. Which asks for more work because the mapping had to be tested, and the menu created.

I actually never used empowered ability yet because the bar hasn't been filled but like I said before ALT would be better than SHIFT.

But it is obvious that such tiny tiny rare thing is not the cause of all the fuss, it's people's hysterical obtuseness that when something is not exactly like in every other game it is wrong and not worthy of bother.