Tried demo.. its crap like this that will kill PC market

Off Topic
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/29353...3-for-consoles/

They talked about porting the PC game, maybe, later to consoles. Not sure how they are struggling to develop for consoles, considering thats not in the works, and isnt planned until after the pc release (if ever).

A considerably different issue than simultaneous development for pc and consoles, with mediocre results.

OK, then. It's just that I'm not eagerly checking news for any Blizzard product. However, the long development time makes me wonder and there have been being plenty articles about this "rumor." In any case, I'll rephrase the sentence to "even Blizzard is often rumored to be planning on possible console ports of Diablo III."

you should be, they make great AAA titles.

This makes me think why should you spend your time on a game which you are not interested in if you had better things to do at all? :ermm:

Blizzard makes good games =/= no interest in other games, no time, better things to do. Lets try to draw logical conclusions. -_-

If I wasn't interested in DS3 why would I be disappointed.. hmm

But you are disappointed. That's obvious. DS3 is not what you wanted. Shame, but just move on. You haven't bought it, you even got to play a demo in advance so you know it's not up your alley and don't have to spend money to figure that out. Really, it's a win-win situation for you. I doubt your life happiness is tied to how good DS3 is or anything.

Me, I enjoyed the demo and will buy it, possibly pending a better control scheme.

Edited by Krezack

It's random drop thing so it's luck based I guess. For me Lucas's armour didn't change that much but his swords changed a lot (especially at the end when I defeated the witch and got this awesome looking sword with green flames coming off).

With Anjali though I found her armour changing a lot and weapons changing a little bit as well.

The loot system was fine for me and I found the camera was fine when auto orient was turned off. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that a and d just turns the character clockwise and counterclockwise instead of actually moving/strafing left and right. That really worked against me in combat.

Thank god for the demo.. i nearly pre-ordered this crap.

Square-Enix - You seem to put your name on any old crap now, i used to buy games on your name alone but since the last 10 titles forget it.

Obsidian - Im starting to think your a one trick pony, made two good games then you jumped onto the retarded console market.

Crap like this spells the end for PC games, when people like you make games as bad as this aimed at consoles then flop when you try to sell it to the PC market you blame PC's and all say PC games are dying or its too hard to sell games to the PC market.. truth is most PC gamers dont want to buy this crap that your adverage twelve year old buys and plays for half an hour and never goes back to.

There is no way on earth you can make this game without thinking.. hang on.. it looks crap, plays like crap, has a crap story.. crap charecters and is worse than watching paint dry. This is an Indie quality game at best, though i have played many indie games that would beat the crap out of this.

Sad thing is when this flops.. and it will big time.. you will just shrug and think.. its cause of PC's lets make the next game console only. :shifty:

I like the game alot but....the freaking multiplayer how do you overlook something like that...shesh....

This makes me think why should you spend your time on a game which you are not interested in if you had better things to do at all? :lol:

Blizzard makes good games =/= no interest in other games, no time, better things to do. Lets try to draw logical conclusions. -_-

As Krezack pointed out, you are simply one step behind in terms of the logical connection. Obviously, DSIII turned out to be not your game, so, why are you spending your time here? You are doing what I would never do. In fact, although I had my account at Bethesda boards for The Elder Scroll series, I hadn't posted a single comment at Fallout 3 boards till Obsidian began to make New Vegas simply because I knew it wouldn't have what I liked about Fallout series from the beginning. Simply, taste differs and I know what I'd like to do.

This makes me think why should you spend your time on a game which you are not interested in if you had better things to do at all? :lol:

As Krezack pointed out, you are simply one step behind in terms of the logical connection. Obviously, DSIII turned out to be not your game, so, why are you spending your time here? You are doing what I would never do. In fact, although I had my account at Bethesda boards for The Elder Scroll series, I hadn't posted a single comment at Fallout 3 boards till Obsidian began to make New Vegas simply because I knew it wouldn't have what I liked about Fallout series from the beginning. Simply, taste differs and I know what I'd like to do.

Thats not a logical connection I'm afraid, merely a matter of personal preference. Disappointment =/= not interested. Advocate passiveness if you want to I guess.

Thats not a logical connection I'm afraid, merely a matter of personal preference. Disappointment =/= not interested. Advocate passiveness if you want to I guess.
Oh, so you are still interested in DSIII, then?

Oh, so you are still interested in DSIII, then?

If it gets good reviews for the features it does have then I might buy it.

the freaking multiplayer how do you overlook something like that...shesh....

:lol:

you people are amazing, thinking you're smarter than the industry's most acclaimed professionals. what's this "overlook" thing? it was intended this way. go bug Alvin until he spills the beans

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

the freaking multiplayer how do you overlook something like that...shesh....

:lol:

you people are amazing, thinking you're smarter than the industry's most acclaimed professionals. what's this "overlook" thing? it was intended this way. go bug Alvin until he spills the beans

There are lots of talented people in the field.

We're all waiting for a reason for the absence of multiplayer. Point me in the right direction and I'll ask. I thought the official forums were for that??

played the demo yesterday. The control system ruined the experience for me. Which is a shame cause I would have bought this game in a heart beat. as it stands i'll wait around after this is release and see if this gets fixed/patched before buying it. Certainly I wouldnt recommend it to my friends in its current state

There were other slight issues, but nothing that would have prevented me enjoying the game. i'll list them aswell

-I wasnt keen on the dialog options/talking heads. Just struck me as very bad design, but not game breaking. I really dont see the point of giving me options if I dont have any 'real' options

-I didnt like the linear feel of the game. The original games were very linear too, but this felt worse mainly because the minimap made it perfectly clear where to go as well as making it painful obvious just how linear the game was. Rather than being helpful the minimap/linear nature of the game just breaks the immersion.

This is from another thread but Chapman seem to have expected some reactions, which wouldn't be a surprise for those who watched the development from its earlier stage.

KD:

What do you anticipate will be the major areas of praise and criticism for this game?

NC:

I

Having a robust multiplayer with several options for modes of play ie: Free Roam, Free Roam PvP, Story Mode with difficulty levels and continued gameplay across difficulty levels is not mutually exclusive to having a story mode with strong co-op. They are just separate modes of play. Making an action rpg with robust multiplayer does NOT mean you are making Diablo. Is every modern FPS making Goldeneye or Doom or Castle Wolfenstein? Diablo spawned a sub-genre that now has its own standards and many games within the sub genre.

Having a robust multiplayer with several options for modes of play ie: Free Roam, Free Roam PvP, Story Mode with difficulty levels and continued gameplay across difficulty levels is not mutually exclusive to having a story mode with strong co-op.

you still don't get it. they expect you to play with the same person from start to finish. and the online jump-in/jump-out is in the game only for basement nerds who don't have any friends to play with

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Having a robust multiplayer with several options for modes of play ie: Free Roam, Free Roam PvP, Story Mode with difficulty levels and continued gameplay across difficulty levels is not mutually exclusive to having a story mode with strong co-op. They are just separate modes of play. Making an action rpg with robust multiplayer does NOT mean you are making Diablo. Is every modern FPS making Goldeneye or Doom or Castle Wolfenstein? Diablo spawned a sub-genre that now has its own standards and many games within the sub genre.
What is your point? My point is that, since Obsidian planned DSIII with focus on some features with clear scope, it's impossible to make everyone happy. People have various expectations. Simply, what you are saying is not within the scope of DSIII and writing comments here won't change that. So, relatively legitimate criticisms could be something about the executions of the scope of DSIII. The designers did their best to show what DSIII is about and even released the demo. If you are unhappy about its direction, you don't need to buy it since even a few months of "fixing" wouldn't change it. Am I saying something hard?

Indeed, I criticized Alpha Protocol but I play stealth action games outside of RPG since Thief series and couldn't but notice the game couldn't be successful. Since I'd like Obsidian to stay on business, I clearly criticized its design direction. However, in DSIII's case, I cannot point out what is wrong with the design decisions even if it doesn't sell well.

Well Wombat I am pointing out what I feel is "wrong with the design decisions" of DSIII. I am comfortable pointing out flaws I perceive in the design. I don't care what their 'scope' is. I don't care what their budget was, or their timeframe vfor completion. I don't care about publisher/developer relations. i just care aboutt he game and what kind of options/features it has.

This title is missing some essential features.

AND @ sorophyx:

YOU don't get it. Your description of what Obsidian expects from the player for the multiplayer experience doersn't NEED to be the only option for MP. It would be better if their current MP model was simply ONE option out of several. Not sure what point you are trying to make with your 'basement nerds' statement though. Drop in/drop out co-op and gaming outside of your normal circle of 'friends' is a big feature for many online games and a big selling point for Xbox Live and PSN. You can make new friends that way too.

Drop in/drop out co-op and gaming outside of your normal circle of 'friends' is a big feature for many online games and a big selling point for Xbox Live and PSN

and it's present in DSIII.

you don't like the implementation, that's fine. nobody's forcing you. it's just your general tone. shared camera? oh my god, this is truly a disaster. no PvP? even worse. multiplayer sucks!

do you think Obsidian will be making DS4, and hope that they will listen to you then? or do you think your feedback will magically be implemented into a completed game?

this whole business reminds me of NWN so much, it makes me sick

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Well Wombat I am pointing out what I feel is "wrong with the design decisions" of DSIII. I am comfortable pointing out flaws I perceive in the design. I don't care what their 'scope' is. I don't care what their budget was, or their timeframe vfor completion. I don't care about publisher/developer relations. i just care aboutt he game and what kind of options/features it has.

:bat: And what I was asking is what your point is in doing so since it's way too late for DSIII. I had already explained my motivation about AP was because of my expectation to Obsidian.

However, guess I have better things to do than how other people spending their time. :sweat: In any case, I cannot see if DSIII will be successful as a business unlike in the case of AP.

Drop in/drop out co-op and gaming outside of your normal circle of 'friends' is a big feature for many online games and a big selling point for Xbox Live and PSN

and it's present in DSIII.

you don't like the implementation, that's fine. nobody's forcing you. it's just your general tone. shared camera? oh my god, this is truly a disaster. no PvP? even worse. multiplayer sucks!

do you think Obsidian will be making DS4, and hope that they will listen to you then? or do you think your feedback will magically be implemented into a completed game?

this whole business reminds me of NWN so much, it makes me sick

Drop in drop out MP is gimped and after the retail release you guys will SEE and HEAR the reaction from gamers. It won't be good.

Shared camera is a disaster and it will negatively impact reception to the game.

Game fans are getting wise to the review industry as well. Word of mouth is a strong force in gaming and is becoming stronger. DA2 devs paid off reviewers all over the internet and it didn't help them, it was their worst selling release to date.