xbox360 SHARE THE CAMERA with an ONLINE person

I agree with Pidesco. If the screen isn't shared, then the co-op "experience" would be unwieldy.

I was really looking forward to Sacred 2 before it came out. After playing online co-op for a few weeks, I just gave up. Sure, it was nice being able to go wherever I wanted, but the gameplay was so disconnected from my co-op partner that I just lost interest.

Yes, having everyone on the same screen, especially with four players, can get crowded. But allowing the players to split up and wander independently is worse. Without a plot to keep the game moving forward, I'll lose interest. It's a hack-and-slash, so the gameplay isn't going to change a whole lot, especially if you keep separate from your party.

I understand that they went with a story centric focus with this game, what I don't understand is why they would choose to do MP in a way that nearly everyone will dislike.

I'd like to see where you got the data that suggests "nearly everyone" will dislike the multiplayer. I know that's the prevailing sentiment on the forums, but it may surprise you to learn that people who go on forums to talk about games are a tiny minority of the people that actually play the games. This small group often has some of the strongest opinions of what a game should be, and generally people are most likely to offer an opinion when it is negative. That is, people who don't like something are more likely to log on and say so than people who don't.

My 'data' comes from my 35 years of gaming. Smartass. Where does your self righteous "must bash complainers" attitude come from? You apparently enjoy 'sticking' it to the "small group with strong opinions". Just because you quote me doesnt make you 'right'. Just means you have an opinion like the rest of us.

It is painfully obvious they put as little effort into MP as possible, and that just blows my mind.
This is both completely unfounded and offensive (unless you're holding the information about how many hours were logged for each portion of the project). They put tons of effort into the multiplayer, I'm sure. They just didn't make it the way you wanted it to be and you're choosing to (once again) express that disappointment in a way meant to demean the people you perceive to have ruined "your" game.

You are sure how exactly? I find it 'offensive' to see such readiness to suck up to a game co. for no apparent reason. I say that its obvious because IT IS. I could crap out a more thought out/complex MP than what theyve put into DS3. I NEVER said this was 'my' game, and it wont be. I may at some point rent it but thats it. Although with so many other good games coming out this year I dont see how I can be bothered with a single player dungeon crawler. Which is why me and most of my friends DIDNT BUY TORCHLIGHT ON 360.

Dungeon crawlers are always going to be judged on the MP. ALWAYS. This is Obsidian setting themselves up for failure. Seirously, why do this?? This focus on single player content over MP is a TERRIBLE decision on thier part and I know it's the reason me and my friends will pass on this.
Torchlight? It's generally regarded as a very good dungeon crawler and yet it has NO multiplayer whatsoever. Sure, that's the biggest criticism of the game, but the lack of multiplayer hasn't stopped it from becoming a massive success. I would offer that dungeon crawlers are judged on how good or bad they are. Based on the demo, DS 3 looks to be a pretty good or even great dungeon crawler.

I do believe you backed up my statement for me. Torchlight was JUDGED on its lack of MP. DS3 will be JUDGED on its terrible MP. Torchlight I dare say has a much better pedigree in its dev team than DS does. Oh right part of the DIABLO TEAM made Torchlight.

This is NOT a Dungeon Siege game. They would have done much better to use a new/different ip, and/or format.
This is debatable as some people want sequels with a strict adherence to the games before it in terms of gameplay whereas some other people are in favor of experimentation and new approaches. I can't say you're wrong on this point, but I don't think you're right.

Sure everything is 'debatable' in one sense or another. I dont however desire anything but a decent MP dungeon crawler. While the first two Dungeon Siege's werent the best games in the genre Obsidian had a chance to turn that around with this one, but instead they made a terrible decison to concentrate on story in a game format that honestly just doesnt fit. They want to tell a 'Dungeon Siege' story. Fine have at it just dont expect any of the DS fans or anyone that likes MP dungeon crawlers to buy it.

Funny how Torchlight was very successful. It got pretty pointless after a few hours with a lack of MP, but surprising how they were able to use it to fund their bigger projects, no?

Funny how Torchlight was very successful. It got pretty pointless after a few hours with a lack of MP, but surprising how they were able to use it to fund their bigger projects, no?

If you are insinuating that DS 3 will be the project that pays for another game that wont have horrible game design choices, I gotta say **** THAT. Dont try to sell me your half done crap. I aint buyin it. Torchlight was successful because it was a done by a dev team that knew what they were doing and had a price point to match. DS3 has been marketed as a MP dungeon crawler, which is so is not, and its 60 bucks to boot. DS will do poorly and your 'bigger' project will need other funding.

In this thread a person complains about the design choices in a game they won't buy and don't care about.

Also he defines good game design as the design of games in the genre he enjoys. Everything else is bad design. Apparently.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you are insinuating that DS 3 will be the project that pays for another game that wont have horrible game design choices, I gotta say **** THAT. Dont try to sell me your half done crap.

I'm not interested in selling you anything, since it would be a rather pointless endeavour. The point is that Torchlight was not 'judged' on its lack of MP, and in fact, acts as proof that the millions of peole out there, heaven forbid, can appreciate different types of ARPGs.

Whether DS3 succeeds in its own type of ARPG, of course, is a different question that mostly needs to wait for release. Certainly I have my own hopes and misgivings (i.e. savefile restriction).

I agree with Pidesco. If the screen isn't shared, then the co-op "experience" would be unwieldy.

I was really looking forward to Sacred 2 before it came out. After playing online co-op for a few weeks, I just gave up. Sure, it was nice being able to go wherever I wanted, but the gameplay was so disconnected from my co-op partner that I just lost interest.

Yes, having everyone on the same screen, especially with four players, can get crowded. But allowing the players to split up and wander independently is worse. Without a plot to keep the game moving forward, I'll lose interest. It's a hack-and-slash, so the gameplay isn't going to change a whole lot, especially if you keep separate from your party.

This is not Sacred 2 fault. You should have played with people that know how to play together. I played Sacred 2 with lots of different friends and we always managed to stay together without (thank GOD) the shared screen.

I like how Xiolin apparently defines "agreeing with and excited about the design choices of the dev team" as "sucking up", and disagreeing with him makes me a self-righteous smartass. The self-righteous bit struck me as particularly ironic.

I wasn't attacking you. I was pointing out where I thought your logic wasn't working. I understand you don't like this game and there's nothing wrong with that, but you need to stop assuming that your opinion is the "correct" one. And it's probably best to realize that no amount of complaining about it at this point (to your audience of 30 or so people) is going to change anything of meaning on this game. You've stated your grievances. What more are you trying to accomplish here?

My 'data' comes from my 35 years of gaming. Smartass. Where does your self righteous "must bash complainers" attitude come from? You apparently enjoy 'sticking' it to the "small group with strong opinions". Just because you quote me doesnt make you 'right'. Just means you have an opinion like the rest of us.

Why are you being so touchy? You insult someone for expressing an opinion in a respectful way!