KOTOR 2 screenshot and KOTOR details

I hope not, still we will have to wait and see. Still I would be willing to but up with that if they changed the one thing I want changed most, that awful inventory.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't have your Revan in KotOR 2, as long as you stilll have a KotOR 1 save on the HD. Just import it andmatch the model.

That's what I was thinking, though I don't mind if the Revan in KOTOR 2 isn't my Revan from KOTOR 1. Can't be everyone's Revan, afterall.

Just gonna jump the gun here and point out that those screenshots look pretty terrible. Like PS1 graphics. Of course a lot of quality was probably lost in the scan. I hope. And the game is still a long way from being done. But hey, at least it looks like there will be real robes in the game this time. B)

I don't see any reason why they couldn't have your Revan in KotOR 2, as long as you stilll have a KotOR 1 save on the HD. Just import it andmatch the model.

That's what I was thinking, though I don't mind if the Revan in KOTOR 2 isn't my Revan from KOTOR 1. Can't be everyone's Revan, afterall.

As I understand the article you will be able to tell the game how you played Revan in Kotor. I hope that is correct because for me it would be a big continuity issue if Revan appears and is nothing like I played her in nr 1.

If they cant in any way factor in the way different people have played Revan in the original, then they should have him/her not appear at all IMO.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

As I understand the article you will be able to tell the game how you played Revan in Kotor. I hope that is correct because for me it would be a big continuity issue if Revan appears and is nothing like I played her in nr 1.

If they cant in any way factor in the way different people have played Revan in the original, then they should have him/her not appear at all IMO.

Oo-er, I like the sound of that. Bloody marvelous.

From the article: But we do know that you won`t play the same character and the story does not pick up where the last game left off. This was a tough but necessary design choice, according to Avellone, because

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

The screenshots show that the graphics are just the same as the original (which I thought were rather nice). The scans really don't do it any justice.

I thought the graphics in the original were great too HK, and I played the Xbox version. Those screenshots look far below the quality of the original to me though. Couple of examples: http://www.xboxcorp.com/kotor/13.jpg http://www.xboxcorp.com/kotor/23.jpg

Like I said, I'm sure half of it is just the quality of the scan, which was probably already taken from paper magazine pages. But a few things like the jagged models, sloppy textures, the dull backrounds, and the bland color palettes are what I'm mainly referring to. Of course I'm reserving judgement till they announce it and start releasing polished screens. Just going by what we've seen so far, which I realize is probably a bit premature. :)

The actual details sound pretty cool so far.

Thanks for going to all the trouble by the way Craftsman.

The screenshots show that the graphics are just the same as the original (which I thought were rather nice). The scans really don't do it any justice.

I thought the graphics in the original were great too HK, and I played the Xbox version. Those screenshots look far below the quality of the original to me though. Couple of examples: http://www.xboxcorp.com/kotor/13.jpg http://www.xboxcorp.com/kotor/23.jpg

Like I said, I'm sure half of it is just the quality of the scan, which was probably already taken from paper magazine pages. But a few things like the jagged models, sloppy textures, the dull backrounds, and the bland color palettes are what I'm mainly referring to. Of course I'm reserving judgement till they announce it and start releasing polished screens. Just going by what we've seen so far, which I realize is probably a bit premature. :)

The actual details sound pretty cool so far.

Thanks for going to all the trouble by the way Craftsman.

The game has got a year to go. Enough to clean up the grahics.