Dave Grohl strikes epic blow for taste...

Monte Carlo

Prom has never, ever, been a part of English education. Until now. In my day, at the end of secondary school, we used to (1) write our names in black marker pen on each other's school shirts, (2) let off flour bombs and (3) cut off each others school ties with scissors. Then we went home early and thought about applying for jobs ('twas the early 80's).

Nowadays the kids have hoodies with their classmates' nicknames neatly printed on, there are no flour bombs, they'd be arrested if they were found with scissors and they, for chrissakes, have a Prom which is a direct copy of the US version. Yeucchhh.

Anyway this thread isn't about Elvis and the evolution of Rock and Roll I was simply but obviously misguidedly deploying my Wand of Hyperbole. This thread is about the intrinisically evil nature of Glee (I want a Cthulu version of Glee, btw) and how awesome the Paladin of Kool, Sir David of Grohl, rode his steed of credibility into the enemy camp to do battle.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I don't really understand. Dave Grohl told F.O. to some show called "Glee"? And what's this with calling a Glee club a cultural renaissance? Can someone tell me, in their own, words what Glee is about and why it has been considered a cultural renaissance?

When KoL and Dave told this guy to get lost he accused them of not caring about music or musical education or kids. And stuff. Like Glee was the primary reason why kids might like music. Kids like music because music is great in of itself. You don't have to be musical to dig it, that's one of the reasons it's so amazing. He just had this sense of self-entitlement about other people's songs, like everybody would of course bow down and let their stuff be performed on his show. No problem with people who do let their stuff get used, I respect that completely but I also respect the opposite view too.

Especially when the divine wisdom of Dave is invoked, stamping a premium seal of complete Common Sense on the deal.

`

Thank you. Yup i agree, he did the right thing.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy