GameBanshee preview and interview

Gameplay looks fun, and the animations actually look better to me, compared to the first videos/presentations we got. Dialogue, I dunno, the dialogue with the witch, heck, her whole character rubbed me the wrong way. Luckily there's no romances in the game, at least. The dialogue with the door was pretty funny, though. Also, the setup with the ghost girl could potentially be interesting, so who knows.

Gotta love the art. That damn lighting! :)

the dialogue with the witch, heck, her whole character rubbed me the wrong way

She reminded me of SIE somewhat. I didn't mind the Dialouge, more her visual design. (Though we saw that a while ago)

Edited by C2B

Nice to see Gamespot cared about the narrative. Also, it's really difficult to understand whether they enjoyed the game or not from that article. Nice to see that you can't approach all the encounters by randomly dashing in though.

Definitely not. There are definitely some fights that will require figuring out the mechanics and properly using your abilities to overcome.

I just finished my Hardcore playthrough, and there are some fights that absolutely require substantial tactics and very, very solid execution on Hardcore. Obviously if you don't want to deal with them being that hard, you can always play on an easier difficulty - but Hardcore is very fun if you like a serious challenge.

Nice to see Gamespot cared about the narrative. Also, it's really difficult to understand whether they enjoyed the game or not from that article. Nice to see that you can't approach all the encounters by randomly dashing in though.

Definitely not. There are definitely some fights that will require figuring out the mechanics and properly using your abilities to overcome.

I just finished my Hardcore playthrough, and there are some fights that absolutely require substantial tactics and very, very solid execution on Hardcore. Obviously if you don't want to deal with them being that hard, you can always play on an easier difficulty - but Hardcore is very fun if you like a serious challenge.

If we don't need to eat and drink it's not hardcore. :sorcerer:

P.S. : Completely unrelated, but is Leona's voice actress the same one that voiced Vera Keys/Christine in Dead Money (and Lieutenant Boyd and many other female NPCs in vanilla New Vegas)?

EDIT: This preview seems new to me.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

If we don't need to eat and drink it's not hardcore. :sorcerer:

P.S. : Completely unrelated, but is Leona's voice actress the same one that voiced Vera Keys/Christine in Dead Money (and Lieutenant Boyd and many other female NPCs in vanilla New Vegas)?

EDIT: This preview seems new to me.

In Hardcore we (as in the developers) eat your frustration and drink your tears.

Actually, most previews and hands-on probably were on PC builds. It's PC-specific controls and interface we know nothing about.

I think that having a key for each stance, kinda like The Witcher's Z, X and C, with separate hotkeys for each (press Z-1 for fireball, press C-1 for healing yourself) would be pretty reasonable, what do you guys think?

Also PC interface etc like Dragon Age. :sorcerer:

And oh yeah, I was wondering how the health orbs dropped from monsters work exactly. How much do those things heal you? Does it depend on how much damage you've taken (so, on hardcore, rather than avoiding damage at all costs, you always have difficult fights, but the player is always ready for them health/mana wise) or is it just fixed values?

First thing first, let's check the date at which it was posted. March 10, it's new! I hope this means we will get Gamebanshee's preview soon too!

Wasn't there yesterday. Must've gone up early this morning - I haven't checked it 'til now. My impression is they don't think much of the game "... made the whole thing worthwhile. Or something. ... it turns out, we were just being jerks on that one. You can be a jerk too, if you want, in Dungeon Siege III for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on May 31. " Okay fair bit of snippage but it sounds down on the game to me. Oh, there's also the bit "For the most part, it was just a lot of tapping the attack button and watching the numbers fly. " Sounds boring, and consolish! Is that a word? Anyhow it's another review, but not a good one to my mind.

I don't know why, but I don't like difficulty levels. I just want the game to be HARD, without me having to choose so for myself! And the name "Hardcore"?! I'm not hardcore, I just like a challenge!

Grr.. Gothic did this right.. *mumblemumble*

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Light-heartedness like that thingie with the password door is great. It's one of the things that made Divinity 2 so excellent... mind that game had talking paintings, talking vegetables and horny treasure chests.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Good job finding those IGN videos. The game looks pretty snazzy.

EDIT: Also, for anyone wondering why Buck still hasn't posted his preview.

The preview is out by the way

http://www.gamebanshee.com/previews/101915...-siege-iii.html

Edit: Another Preview

http://spong.com/feature/10110341/Preview-...Siege-III-Co-Op

Edited by C2B

Instead, all of the equipment you pick up or purchase is categorized by slot and then displayed as a sorted list with the highest gold value item in that category shown at the top.
:lol: I've been asking for that for I don't know how long.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan