DOTA 2, by Valve

taviow

Source.

Valve's approach to Dota 2 is unusual in that the gameplay itself is remaining almost entirely untouched.

Well... interesting I guess?

DotA is the cancer that killed the wc3 modding community.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

DotA is the cancer that killed the wc3 modding community.
'Twas he players' choice to not play anything else.

Irrelevant. DotA has, regardless, killed the wc3 modding community. There were a great many maps that were far more clever and impressive than DotA, which hardly anyone remembers now.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

"Valve's approach to Dota 2 is unusual in that the gameplay itself is remaining almost entirely untouched."

Heroes of Newerth already did this. League of Legends took a step sideways. Dunno about Demigod. This sounds like a terrible project whose only point is to rip off an overrated Warcraft 3 mod.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

On the topic of Valve, is Half Life dead or what?

No but they are taking their sweet time all right, the whole episode idea didn't exactly work as planned it seems.

I'm putting my money on that they are enhancing the engine to todays standards.

played dota a bit

was good for just stuffing round with mates at a lan

been playing lol a bit since it started. it's pretty fun, and lots of different characters i've slowly been trying out

haven't tried hon, but watched a few games a friend was playing. it looked very... bloomy ;(

be curious to try this one, but will most likely just stick to the odd game of lol

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!