Good Bye Interplay Boards

Cantousent

I have only wanted Interplay to die for about the last year or so. Ever since they screwed up Black Isle again and cancelled Jefferson which is also when the final big exodus started to begin from Black Isle with Feargus, Avellone, etc.

I am more hardcore than any of you. Allow me to demonstrate why and how:

1) I've always wanted them to die. Because I always knew that eventually they'd STICK IT TO US. Because in the end they always stick it to you. That's why I never date a girl more than two months and throw bacon away weeks before the expiration date. You let either hang around long enough and they just STICK IT TO YOU. Yeah, sticking it to the fans! You're evil, Interplay! You're bad dirty oh so naughty, Interplay! For shame! Shame, I repeat yet again, for no particular reason except that I'm bored and can't think of anything for point number

2) I always knew they would die. In fact, I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS. Before they cancelled FO3, before they killed YOP and the community fora, before they put the ki-bosh on BG3, I was there, saying something along the lines of "Interplay will, at some point in the near or distant future, cease to exist as Interplay qua Interplay." Then Arvax helpfully pointed out that Interplay did not in fact exist, and that my belief in the existence of "Interplay" was in fact nothing more than an interpretation of sensory data that could in fact be interpreted any number of ways, and then I was all, "objective theory of reality!" and he came back with "unprovable assumption!" and then I was like, "incoherent refutation!", and then he was so totally "limitations of language!" Then we exchanged high fives and shared a banana shake and our loving longing gazes were so powerful that our enraptured expressions were etched into the formica drugstore countertops by our very reflections. Plus Doomsayer is my alt. It's true and if you don't believe me, consider the following: I am Doomsayer. Thank you that is all. I will now spend the next forty-five minutes staring at the 404 error page I get everytime I type in "http://www.mistresslair.net/phpBB2/index.php".

A dull boy.

I believe so.

For the Eulogy:

http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?t=1213

For what other folks are saying:

http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?t=1218

Read to the end.  I've had several folks give me the news.  They expect Interplay to file the papers this week.  If I'm wrong... *shrug*

What a waste.

Ack - you should have posted some kind of warning about where those links lead. Those Winterwind forums are as useless as Mistress and its Lair. Curious to see that Winterwind has more moderators than posters, with the mods being some of IPLY's worst... Shodan, Josan, et al.

I'm kind of sad about IPLY going under and its boards disappearing, but after reading those threads you link to, I don't feel so bad about not having to see so much crap, with the worst of the sewage draining off to the forums mentioned above.

At least I'll keep this gem of game forum wisdom with me and pass it on to my kin through the ages:

"It's not easy to say to someone 'hey man, you kinda hurt my feelings.' Men generally don't say that to each other." - Josan, Shareholder With Hope

I believe so.

For the Eulogy:

http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?t=1213

For what other folks are saying:

http://www.gamertalk.biz/viewtopic.php?t=1218

Read to the end.

December 2012 - Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online - http://www.winterwind-productions.com

Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

The one thing I've always wondered about you, Jackalmonkey is: are you a jackal, or a monkey, or both? There's something not right.

As for you buns.... I'm glad you enjoyed Winterwind. Are you sure you don't want to join the mod team?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The one thing I've always wondered about you, Jackalmonkey is: are you a jackal, or a monkey, or both? There's something not right.

As for you buns.... I'm glad you enjoyed Winterwind. Are you sure you don't want to join the mod team?

Hey, we could make him uberadmin or something and get him a calculator so he can add up the number of users and subtract the number of mods from that number. Math never lies.

December 2012 - Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online - http://www.winterwind-productions.com

Considering the fact that the silly buggers even made *me* a moderator seems to suggest that you'll have a three-digit chance of making it, Buns ;) .

EDIT: Jackal is one of those Jackals(!!!) from "Lion King". The one that's always frothing at the mouth, if I were to take a guess.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Now, be kind to Vis. He knows not what he does. Nor does he know what you do. In fact, he is lucky to know the day of the week, his name, his birthday, or even human speech. Still, we love Hades-One because we are sensitive men who can admit when we are hurt. I'm with Josan all the way on this. I'm a man of the 21st century, dammit, and I've evolved from the knuckle dragging, beetle browed, jutting jawed cave era of the 90s. I can still drink beer, though, can't I?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Now, be kind to Vis.  He knows not what he does.  Nor does he know what you do.  In fact, he is lucky to know the day of the week, his name, his birthday, or even human speech.  Still, we love Hades-One because we are sensitive men who can admit when we are hurt.  I'm with Josan all the way on this.  I'm a man of the 21st century, dammit, and I've evolved from the knuckle dragging, beetle browed, jutting jawed cave era of the 90s.  I can still drink beer, though, can't I?

Eldar, your humour always cracks me up. Kudos. Where is Buns. I feel like a hug.

I aim to please.

I wonder what Obsidian thinks about Interplay's boards and Missy's boards going down at the same time. This place is like a refugee camp. Pretty soon someone's gonna create some sort of Interplay Liberation Group here.

Obsidian Plays

I aim to please.

I wonder what Obsidian thinks about Interplay's boards and Missy's boards going down at the same time. This place is like a refugee camp. Pretty soon someone's gonna create some sort of Interplay Liberation Group here.

Feargus hacked them.

Still, we love Hades-One because we are sensitive men who can admit when we are hurt. I'm with Josan all the way on this.

you guys can speak for yourselves on that one... no man-hugging in my book unless it's my brothers, and even then it's one of them one-armed, half-facing, firm hugs that resemble a wrestling move anyway.

I DID NOT CRY WHEN OLD YELLER DIED!!! :blink:

oh, sign me up as member # 2 of the ILG! we need a slogan.

taks

PS: i actually turned my head...

comrade taks... just because.

Slogan= " BURN HERVE, BURN !!!

( There can be only one "Mad Dwarf"... )

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Naturally... :)

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque