Any Patch ETA?

Have you tried new video drivers?

Have you tried setting your AA to different mode

Sometimes having CSAA forced vs MSAA will cause a game to do weird things. Have you tried disabling AA in ATI/Nvidia and running the game under its own AA processing. It has helped me in various games of the past.

For instance in Vegas 2 if I run CSAA 8x,16x,or 16xQ it has a weird effect of white textures in certain levels

As soon as I alt+tab and set my aa to either 2x ,4x, or 8xQ MSAA it magicly works perfectly.

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

Frankly, I'm not holding my breath for a patch, especially as we've had almost no word from anyone at Obsidian since the game's release. I highly doubt that SEGA's expectations for the game were met, and if their recent games are anything to go by, they couldn't care less for the satisfaction of their customers.

Edited by sea

E3 is around the corner, maybe they'll announce something then.

We're going to make the biggest patch ever ?

Unless they're going to have DLCs or a sequel I doubt they'll announce anything at E3.

What part of maybe and something is hard to get? :) :)

E3 is around the corner, maybe they'll announce something then.

We're going to make the biggest patch ever ?

Unless they're going to have DLCs or a sequel I doubt they'll announce anything at E3.

What part of maybe and something is hard to get? :) :)

The e. It's a strange letter. Very strange.

Sometimes having CSAA forced vs MSAA will cause a game to do weird things. Have you tried disabling AA in ATI/Nvidia and running the game under its own AA processing. It has helped me in various games of the past.

For instance in Vegas 2 if I run CSAA 8x,16x,or 16xQ it has a weird effect of white textures in certain levels

As soon as I alt+tab and set my aa to either 2x ,4x, or 8xQ MSAA it magicly works perfectly.

would updating my graphics card drivers fix the problem where id be playing the game and all of a sudden my monitor would go black(like i just shut the monitor off,but it would still be on).i kinda had a similar problem in another game but that happened like twice and the 2nd time i shut my computer off it actually wouldnt turn back on

i heard this was some problem with my video card but im wondering if maybe i updated my graphic card drivers if maybe it would work.because i really dont feel like buying another video card unless i really need to.and i dont really see how this game is as bad as people are saying i mean,maybe i need to play it longer but the only thing i found was the crosshair on your gun was like really big

Edited by CrunkJuice

CrunkJuice, that really sounds like it's a specific problem with your vid card. My first thought was that it could be overheating but I think what usually happens then is that the computer simply shuts down.

ya i might try cleaning out my graphics card and seeing if that works.but by shutting down do you mean shutting down but you can turn it back on again.because i dont think this was alpha protocol that did that but with a previous game when i shut my computer off it actually wouldnt turn back on again

Edited by CrunkJuice

CrunkJuice, that really sounds like it's a specific problem with your vid card. My first thought was that it could be overheating but I think what usually happens then is that the computer simply shuts down.

ya i might try cleaning out my graphics card and seeing if that works.but by shutting down do you mean shutting down but you can turn it back on again.because i dont think this was alpha protocol that did that but with a previous game when i shut my computer off it actually wouldnt turn back on again

Sounds like some bad hardware problem, dude. Updating drivers is always important, when you want to play some new games on the market. Also it sounds like some serious overheating or, more likely, problem with power supply.

Maybe some faulty overclocking attempt? Or maybe some malware issues? AFAIK one of the available NoCD might cause similar sensations too.

Too many variables and not enough data available to accurately pinpoint your problem. One thing is sure, though - it's some fault on your end, mate.

Edited by MarteenDee

Sounds like some bad hardware problem, dude. Updating drivers is always important, when you want to play some new games on the market. Also it sounds like some serious overheating or, more likely, problem with power supply.

Maybe some faulty overclocking attempt? Or maybe some malware issues? AFAIK one of the available NoCD might cause similar sensations too.

Too many variables and not enough data available to accurately pinpoint your problem. One thing is sure, though - it's some fault on your end, mate.

as far as data goes i dont know what else to say.ill try updating my graphic card drivers and seeing if that works,i do know maybe it wasnt this game,but when my computer shut off and i couldnt turn it back on again.when i unplugged everything from my power strip and plugged everything back in i could try my pc on again

as far as data goes i dont know what else to say.ill try updating my graphic card drivers and seeing if that works,i do know maybe it wasnt this game,but when my computer shut off and i couldnt turn it back on again.when i unplugged everything from my power strip and plugged everything back in i could try my pc on again

Yeah - that's what I've said man - too many variables. Judging from your story it could be mainboard (unplugging everything helped to cut power completely thus temporarily fixing the problem), memory error (as previously), malware issue (if it just activates randomly you can't say for sure if cutting off the power helps to fix it), not enough powering (problem shows up when tasks are getting more power intensive), overheating (time you spent on unplugging stuff and plugging it back was enough for components to cool down) and many more I can't think of now...

Proposed steps to follow:

- update all your drivers, and not only GFX;

- clean your system with some commonly accessible anti-malware software (CCleaner, Combofix and Registry Repair Wizard would be my tools of choice);

- measure temperatures of all your components (GFX,RAM,processor) with proper software;

- if they're above 60-70C mark - clean your PC interiors, check if all fans are running, provide better air circulation for your PC;

If problem persists think about reinstalling your system, buying better power supply or graphic card. These would be most universal advices - despite of your hardware configuration.

Good luck!

:sorcerer:

- measure temperatures of all your components (GFX,RAM,processor) with proper software;

- if they're above 60-70C mark - clean your PC interiors, check if all fans are running, provide better air circulation for your PC;

what software is this.because i know i cleaned my pc out when it wouldnt turn on before but im not 100% sure thats what caused my problem because i never played the game after that(i had a similar problem with a previous game i bought)

Edited by CrunkJuice

I am not sure if you know to do this, but one of the best ways to fix errors within a bios is to flash it. When and if you overclock you will run into system instability issues. Whatever you do NEVER turn off your system when the board is flashing.

This is assuming that you overclocked your system at one point though

My Q6600 at 3.2Ghz on E-VGA 680i is very unstable even with 4.5v and 2.3v on memory. I tell you it ticks me off that an nvidia based board can't run a mild 2.4 to 3.2 properly and the thing is watercooled at that. Anyway when I overclock no matter how much my system becomes unstable. I'm going back DFI or ASUS, totally unimpressed with E-VGA.

How do I fix this?

1). Flash the bios

2). Clear CMOS

3). Unplug the system and open the case (Pull all ram sticks and the battery on the system board. Let it sit for 15 minutes).

4). Plug the system back in and setup to run on defaults. (Del | F10)

5). Reflash bios

6). New OS and Drivers

As you install more drivers and more software on a system you also get more software incompatibilities. Now think of it interms of stacking drivers. There is a way around an os reinstall, but that involves uninstalling all drivers

Running guru3d driver sweeper in safe mode.

rebooting into normal mode and installing the new drivers. This way all previous drivers are gone and you aren't stacking new drivers over old ones.

This is just some of the things I recommend as I am a certified MCSE and CompTIA+. I also used to worked as a troubleshooter and I am now a student for at home classes of c++ and direct x programming (ways to go on this one)

Last I recommend checking that the card is properly seated and trying moving it to pci-e (slot 2), that slot could be failing.

I hope this information helps you resolve your issues when playing the game, because the game is so much fun. Different paths and ways to playout a well written story each time.

Not hi-jacking this thread, just a short post to help you crunk...

back to the patch ETA though

Edited by SNIPER231JRC

It has something to do with Dynamic shadows.

When DS are enabled Inventory/shop/escape menu/wardrobe i see "white/yellow(depends on location) mess" :sorcerer:

When DS are disabled Inventory/shop/escape menu/wardrobe i see "pixel mess" :sorcerer: