Wow, what a surpise

So, when I woke up this morning I knew there would be plenty of impediments between me and playing AP. Apparently, the gamestop 360 and ps3 versions don't work, as the employee that worked this morning told me. He said they would call me either today or tomorrow with "hotfix."

I might go buy a copy somewhere else and just trade this copy in for cold, hard cash. This is the last time I order anything from gamestop. Of course I booted it up out of curiousity, and after the intro cutscene some static fills the screen and I'm royally pissed.

Edited by Mirage

This is bizarre, my Xbox copy works with no problems, I think even better than the PC version... I'm in the UK, but I think the only difference should be TV format, instead of PAL just NTSC... unless Mr. Thorton speaks with a british accent in the US version, but in the UK version, he sounds american...

I don't know if Gamestop North America has got the Xbox 360 PAL version, I only know that the Xbox PAL version for Europe is working fine with no issues so far.

For Xbox games in North America, you must have the NTSC version.

The employee didn't elaborate himself, he just said "they don't work." I booted the game up a second time (after coming home from another retail store not having it) and got the red rings. Screw it, I'll buy it off steam.

Anyway, I don't know if it was just that particular gamestop that had the malfunctioning copies, or not. Sorry, I guess I'll just wait until someone crops up with the same problem.

You'd think that with Gamestop being only THE single largest game retailer in north america there would be more threads complaining about this IF it was a real issue....yet the OP is the only one.....I think this is just a gamestop hater with a bogus story to scare people away.

Couldn't the problem you're having been attributable to getting red rings (ie they were an early sign the 360 hardware was about to fail)?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wait, North American Gamestops got the PAL versions?

what do you mean PAL versions?

PAL is the european standard for TV, it uses different specifications than NTSC. NTSC is the Americas standard for TV.

The Xbox in North America uses NTSC and the Xbox in Europe uses PAL, if you try to play an European Xbox (PAL) game in an American Xbox (NTSC) it will not play and vice versa.

Wait, North American Gamestops got the PAL versions?

what do you mean PAL versions?

PAL is the european standard for TV, it uses different specifications than NTSC. NTSC is the Americas standard for TV.

The Xbox in North America uses NTSC and the Xbox in Europe uses PAL, if you try to play an European Xbox (PAL) game in an American Xbox (NTSC) it will not play and vice versa.

I think the notion that every gamestop in NA got the PAL version is laughable.....a disaster of that proportion would have blown up all over the news hours ago.....we can safely dismiss that.

Couldn't the problem you're having been attributable to getting red rings (ie they were an early sign the 360 hardware was about to fail)?

Possible, yet the gamestop employee said the console versions they received didn't work, how do you explain that? I'm starting the think some of you are skeptical, that's what I get for living in a hick town, I guess.

EDIT: It was probably an anomaly that occured at my local gamestop, and I live in a small town, so I'm guessing that is why most here haven't heard of it until me.

Edited by Mirage

Possible, yet the gamestop employee said the console versions they received didn't work, how do you explain that? I'm starting the think some of you are skeptical, that's what I get for living in a hick town, I guess.

GameStop is a huge corportation with stores all over north america....why are you the only one with this complaint? All stores get their supplies from a handful of suppliers at most so if EVERY PS3 and 360 copy of the game in that store doesn't work then it must be a suplier error and plenty of other people from plenty of other states would be affected.....where is everyone? Why are you the only one mentioning this issue if it is a real issue?

I don't know, I'm just telling you what he told me. I'm %100 positive you don't believe me, and you're just out to make me look like a fool. I'm going to call gamestop right now, and try to get someone there to elaborate.

Okay, I called him and he said that the assault pack didn't work, before he only mentioned that the "game didn't work." I guess it was just coincidental that happened to my xbox. I'm sorry for making this thread, I feel incredibly stupid right now.

EDIT: If a mod could delete this thread, that'd be fine with me.

Edited by Mirage

I don't know, I'm just telling you what he told me. I'm %100 positive you don't believe me, and you're just out to make me look like a fool. I'm going to call gamestop right now, and try to get someone there to elaborate.

Okay, I called him and he said that the assault pack didn't work, before he only mentioned that the "game didn't work." I guess it was just coincidental that happened to my xbox. I'm sorry for making this thread, I feel incredibly stupid right now.

EDIT: If a mod could delete this thread, that'd be fine with me.

Don't feel stupid; there turned out to be more to the story involved than what you were first told by your local Gamestop representative.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll explain later, it was entirely my fault, though. However, I am stuck with the ps3 atm (exchanged my other copy for that). I know for a fact though that I am capable of monumentally stupid things though, so I can't say I am surprised by me misinterpreting lol!

Edited by Mirage