New German video preview

There's some new stuff we haven't seen here before. Nothing I would count as spoilery but if you really don't want to see anything new before the game is released, feel free to skip this one.

The ultra dark voice of the guard seemed rather odd at first but I came to like it after getting used to it. Looks good overall otherwise, this appears to be the PS3 version. Only negative thing I have to say is that the guards *really* seems to suffer from a case of severe stupidity. Unless they're running up to Mike in an attempt to knock him down for questioning or something, but it looks really weird.

I think Thorton's voiceacting is really good here though.

EDIT: If anyone knows German, please feel free to post the previewer's thoughts on things.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

They're looking forward to the game/story, like the writing and VA, the skill system, minigames, the grey and grey morality, they really love the story and freedom of choice but say the "gameplay is a bit too.. well, anyone who expects a shooter will be disappointed".

They like the humor too, but I guess the laughter made that evident. :lol:

That guard's voice is indeed deep :p Either he's not accustomed to speak english or he's too heavy of a smoker. Or his throat got damaged somehow.

I like Mike's VA here, too. He got the snarky and sarcastic thing down at least :) Professional sounds a little bit... rude.

Also, is it me or is there some kind of back-stab thingy in that video? That guard who ran at Mike's location without knowing where he was (let's not focus on the fact that he should have seen him :lol: ) was put down with only one punch after what seems to be a contextual action.

This video is another good news : it looks like foreign versions of the game will have subtitles in their language, but the voice-over will remain the english version. Good for me!

From my very very little understanding of german it seems they think the action gameplay isn't good but they seemed very positive about the story and dialogues.

I heard 'Mass Effect', but that's it, I didn't understand what they were saying about it, they were talking about it in the gamplay segment though.

A bit of a pity that they didn't show some stealthy gameplay, considering from what I've read it seems it will be much much stronger than the shooter-y gameplay.

I like Mike's VA here, too. He got the snarky and sarcastic thing down at least :lol: Professional sounds a little bit... rude.
There was no professional choice in the video. Only suave, agressive and suave again.

I heard 'Mass Effect', but that's it, I didn't understand what they were saying about it, they were talking about it in the gamplay segment though.
Only that controls/gameplay may best resemble ME. Edited by Oner

This video is another good news : it looks like foreign versions of the game will have subtitles in their language, but the voice-over will remain the english version. Good for me!

I would have preferred it to be dubbed in my language, now I only hope that these damn subtitles are readable on my SDTV without having to sit 2cm away and burn my eyes just to read "Aggressive" :p

Anyway, nice footage. And very very dumb AI! :lol:

I can't remember, does this game have different difficulty settings?

Edited by ginji

Only the third and last one actually pulled a gun. Also, I would have hoped to see enemies using covers and not just zerging.

I didn't knew the term "zerging" >_<

Reminds me of Starcraft.

I read another German preview and they said the game is way too easy. Hmm...

Well but, if it has difficulty levels, this can be easily addressed.

To be honest I'm not that bothered from the stupid AI, but mainly just because I'm planning to play stealthily, so I need all the help I can get from their stupidity. :lol:

Agree! :lol:

Only the third and last one actually pulled a gun. Also, I would have hoped to see enemies using covers and not just zerging.

I didn't knew the term "zerging" :lol:

Reminds me of Starcraft.

Duh. :p

My favorite is Crackling: Zergling with Adrenal Glands.