Saudia Arabia

Greetings to everyone, I am from saudia arabia, and i have a few complaints with how this game depicts the country. Please no geopolitics or religion, this is about aesthetics, as far as i'm concerned what i'm looking at isn't saudia but a 17th century morrocan bazaar with a biblical population (the shemagh/headband style on some of the npcs), there are also hooded dudes that look like hamas fighters, I know this region is probably a hotspot of terrorism but if you're going to do it right at least study something about how the people look and also how an average saudi/arab terrorist might look, i've been around jeddah, meccah, yanbu', riyadh, interesting places with a bit of an urban modern style, i'd guess something similiar to cities found in latin america? i'm pretty sure i'd feel familiar in places like rio de janero or mexico city.

Otherwise i'm excited about this game, its really my nitpicky side but i really hope the next outing of obsidian would do a better job. Anyone else with an opinion as well? i'd like to hear em.

They're movie villain wannabes (emphasis on movie), not simulations of real terrorists.

Sure, realism doesn't hurt, but it's not like this game is a Tom Clancy novel (those aren't super realistic either, but you get my drift).

Botom line, I don't mind either way.

Edited by Oner

They're movie villain wannabes (emphasis on movie), not simulations of real terrorists.

Sure, realism doesn't hurt, but it's not like this game is a Tom Clancy novel (those aren't super realistic either, but you get my drift).

Botom line, I don't mind either way.

Well yeah, but it'd help with sales if they throw us middle eastern players a bone, however tiny.

Maybe, though I never watched Underworld, Budapest or not. :p

Shame on you. Kate Beckinsale in that outfit... and you ahven't watched it?? :o

To visit the topic, have they actually shown much of the Saudi Arabia hub apart from the weapons dealers depot out in the back of beyond? I kind of get the idea that a good weaponsdealer / terrorist isn't going to stash an arms depot in the middle of the city.. I mean, it might not be the most realistic for aesthetics in some areas.... but that's one devil's advocate thought.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe, though I never watched Underworld, Budapest or not. :p

Shame on you. Kate Beckinsale in that outfit... and you haven't watched it?? :shifty:

Van Helsing. Same "quality" of clothes, less paleness. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I mean, the place you are in Saudi Arabia in the the game is not a city at all... More like ruins or an encampment somewhere in the desert. I don't think anyone really believes cities in Saudi Arabia looks like that :thumbsup:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

budapest has been shown before plenty in spy flicks, its one of the more popular settings i think.

All good points however, the movie/cliche deserty style might alleviate some of the seriousness of the setting :thumbsup:

In general, I would also prefer a more "realistic" portrayal so to speak.

But like others have said, the game seems to be done in an over-the-top spy flick manner (while still keeping a story that can be taken seriously). I seem to recall another post a while back that had similar fears for the Taipei area, though I don't recall the details.

But yeah, I guess we haven't seen too much of the Saudi Arabia areas to really know one way or the other.

Only 1 month and about 2 weeks left until we find out. -_-

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

In general, I would also prefer a more "realistic" portrayal so to speak.

I'd prefer people to see the (whole) game before they start complaining. But different strokes, I guess. -_-

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Can understand the complaint. Recently I played Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood part of the game takes place in Tucson. I noticed something immediately... something was missing that I see everywhere here... Saguaro cactus. http://drewbrophy.com/site/wp-content/uplo...uaro-cactus.jpg Its absolutely everywhere in Tucson, but the Tucson in the game looks like generic desert with a few shrubs here and there.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat