Deus Ex 3

Humodour

Hm, fair enough. Just came to me watching that one man army at work.

Gunther was certainly a one-man army as well. He couldn't really blend in to a crowd very easily though. :p

And of course he was a psychopath.

Yep, but given that a trenchcoat works as it seems and he can cloak, bah, why blend in. Come to think of it, not sure if they ever state that the mech program was terminated in favour of the nano aug one. Should replay the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Niten_Ryu: I'm not really seeing the connection between baroque and the 80s...

Yeah, we all like to think it didn't happen :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgHbt0ODr4 + countless other unforgeable trax :x

Well, you might be right. In Sovient Union 80's must have been way different then in western world. I visited it only once in 80's and it was like moving back in time (and in those days Finland was already too exotic for the most westerners). Also 80's pop culture didn't make the difference between baroque, classical and romatic period, so techically one could argue that they were ripping off only romanticism, and not baroque.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

In Eidos Montreal's quest to be different, Jacques-Belletete said he focused the team to have two design analogies in mind--the Icarus myth and the Renaissance. Jacques-Belletete said Icarus fit the theme of transhumanism perfectly. "Dude, this guy is augmented. That's transhumanism," he said. "He has too much fun with transhumanism, and then he burns and falls to his death--this is my metaphor; this is perfect."

DX3's gonna own you guys!!!

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Yeah, deep man....

Wonder why they like Vegas so much, developer mentioned they're going to have the shooting aspect be similar to that game, no stats affecting gun accuracy either.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In Eidos Montreal's quest to be different, Jacques-Belletete said he focused the team to have two design analogies in mind--the Icarus myth and the Renaissance. Jacques-Belletete said Icarus fit the theme of transhumanism perfectly. "Dude, this guy is augmented. That's transhumanism," he said. "He has too much fun with transhumanism, and then he burns and falls to his death--this is my metaphor; this is perfect."

DX3's gonna own you guys!!!

Yeah bro, it's gonna have like this deeper meaning, like the guy who burned out on the Sun 'n stuff. Totally rad, dawg!

Everything is in the execution. You aren't gonna know untill its out.
Counterpoint:

img

I like the two on the left.

I like 'em all :)

Sorry about your taste. Renaissance clothing and cyberpunk DO NOT mix, especially in a very tight timeframe and setting like the Deus Ex series.
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Lol @ transhumanism bull****.

Will I be able to play as a chick in this game? Not interested in playing some fugly Solid Snake knock-off, sorry.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Renaissance clothing and cyberpunk DO NOT mix, especially in a very tight timeframe and setting like the Deus Ex series.

It don't mix in 2000's or 90's sense but certainly do mix in early 80's sense, in the time when cyberpunk hit the mainstream. If for no other reason then the fact that cool kids in those days used to be new wave, post punk, electronica, new romantix ect ect. So yes, tight trousers of all kinds and baggy shoulder shirts / jackets were hip, no matter how ridiculous they look.

Tight timeframe? Fashion can and will change unbelivabaly fast so in few years it could be very different look for the hipsters and couple years later for the mainstream.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

So one of the guys at work, used to work for one of the Edios studio's, he managed to get his hands on the design document, and provided that things haven't changed too much, they've gone back and looked at the first Deus Ex and looking at that, and using that as a template.

Personally I'm skeptical, but he seemed fairly convinced that it was going to be awesome. If anything the CGI trailer is freaking wicked.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!