Apple accused of cruelty

Walsingham

Children shouldn't need to be employed. They should focus on being kids, and on going to school. The only reason I got a job when I was a kid was to pay for my gaming.

Like I said before; differences in economy. Not all can afford leisure, most of the countries that this kind of labor is outsourced have a lot of cheap labor hands. Because of their poverty they can't afford to work for gaming or even going to school.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Then their government has failed them and its time for a new government.

Only a Sith could see the world so black and white :p

Here I go again. You need to understand that is more complicated than that, governments can't pull out dollars out of their magic ass and make it all well. Working for Apple; even if it's at low pay, is not the bottom of the barrel. If all companies decided not to use child labor because Americans are to sensitive about the issue, it will drag their public image down and do so without actually helping the children. Well then, how are those kids going to live without work? Consider that the case could be that they have no other source of income.

But, whatever. I feel like i'm throwing pearls to the swine.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"Children shouldn't need to be employed."

*sigh* Contrary to what some think, one is not simply a 'kid' at 15. You are a teenager in the process of becoming an adult. Potentially having a job can help you in achieving a successful transformkation from merely being a kid to a young adult. tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I consider anyone under 18 as a kid. Hell, some days I consider anyone under 30 as a kid."

Yet, you probably all for 'kids' being thrown in prison if they commit a heinous crime.

A 15 year old is no simply kid. Biological or otherwise no matter how much some old geezers want it be so. It's called grouping, maturing (something even old geezers often can't do).

I was taking jobs (mostly odd jobs and newspaper routes) at a rather young age. Hell, I was babysitting my younger siblings while I was still in single digits. *shrug*

As an 'adult' now, I'v ealso had coworkers who were teenagers, and I find overall they tend to try harder to do the job unlike the lazy slackers one is usually stuck with.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I consider anyone under 18 as a kid. Hell, some days I consider anyone under 30 as a kid."

Yet, you probably all for 'kids' being thrown in prison if they commit a heinous crime.

Not so much, Volourn. I am not for the whole zero telerance, lock them all up type of mentality any more. I do think that each case should be taken individually and the kid given a full psych review to see if the child would benefit from rehab. If so, have the child go through counseling, rehab, continual psych evals and if he or she progressed well enough then released on the 18th birthday. If not, delay til the 21st. If still not deemed ready to join society then off to prison.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Of course if you can't rehab somebody then why not just kill them, they'll never be of use to society. Right?

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Of course if you can't rehab somebody then why not just kill them, they'll never be of use to society. Right?

The same is true for the insane and the maimed.

village_idiot.gif

That is a rather harsh view. Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."