Supreme Commander 2

Purkake

That's why you have CAP. I find having fighters patrolling outside usually helps deal with most raids, well unless it's really, really huge, with your AA. Ah I miss the "everything shoots at everything" in TA. You'd see a Hawk zip over your base, your missile turrets, artillery, laser cannons all try to track it for a shot. :lol:

even funnier was the massive cannons actually firing and killing your base.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

even funnier was the massive cannons actually firing and killing your base.

MERLs + enemy aircraft == hilarity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was pretty funny to build a bunch of missile defenses and still get nuked to hell :thumbsup:

It was even better when you managed to get his own nuke to blow up his base. Once had someone try to nuke me while I had a massive swarm of aircraft over his base. The nuke hit one of my aircraft and blew up taking a good chunk of his base along with it. :lol:

The demo is up on Steam.

Just finished it. I can't say that it impressed me. If anything, it pushed me farther away from a purchase. Not appreciating the changes to the gameplay.

You annoyed the crap out of ric0. He started yellin in killing floor that you'd better stop entering the demo :o.

Yup, it's horrible. The gameplay was pretty much CnC 4 with Supreme Commander interface, the scale just wasn't there and the resource system was totally messed up.

Also, the dialogue was so bad it almost hurt, I don't remember anything that ridiculous in SupCom.

Great :o

I guess I have to test it anyway. If I download the demo (or any other demo) in steam, does it stay permanently in my games -list like the full games do, even when uninstalled?

Edited by Slinky

God, what's with the dumbing down of everything. Grumble. No fuel for aircraft, no adjacency bonus, build templates.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You can play with any unit in the game using the debug mode:

Go here:

C:\Users\"Your Username Here"\AppData\Local\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander 2 Demo\game.prefs

Add the following code to the end of the file:

debug = {

enable_debug_facilities = true

}

Run program and use Alt+F2 to play with any unit. Shift+Ctrl+r will unlock all technology, too.

Doesn't really make the game any better, but it's fun for ~10 minutes.

I don't think it was any slicker than in Forged Alliance, the graphics are nice, but they totally overdid the weapon effects which makes everything look weird.

Also they screwed up the minimap and I don't think you can do the one monitor split screen thing anymore :lol:

Just finished the demo.

It feels like they took everything that people expected supreme commander to have, and cut it in the middle. Big Battles? There, but not as big as you're used to. Macro economy? Kinda there, but you do still have a flat number you can spend as you earn more, none of that "use it as it's coming in" stuff.

I do like the new graphics. But if they'd remade SC1 with those graphics I'd have bought it, now... I'm not so sure.

It's almost the exact same thing as what happened to DoW.

Edited by Calax

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/supreme-commander-2-review

Just thought I'd post that. Gamespot liked it to (for what it's worth). BUT they both note that the fun of the game comes from the changing tech trees and the numerous options you get as you level through them, which only really comes into play in multiplayer. Single player is a "stilted" affair without much character (even less than the previous game).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any issues with the multi-monitor support? I've never been a big fan of using the secondary monitor as a map, since I like to scroll the main map by pushing my mouse against the side of the screen; this effectively makes that impossible on one side of the screen, so I wind up having to zoom in and out with the mousewheel to scroll around. The "lock mouse to window" option button doesn't seem to function properly, and if I attempt to just disable the second monitor the game crashes on startup.

Any solutions?

Matthew Rorie

Anyone have any issues with the multi-monitor support? I've never been a big fan of using the secondary monitor as a map, since I like to scroll the main map by pushing my mouse against the side of the screen; this effectively makes that impossible on one side of the screen, so I wind up having to zoom in and out with the mousewheel to scroll around. The "lock mouse to window" option button doesn't seem to function properly, and if I attempt to just disable the second monitor the game crashes on startup.

Any solutions?

It's been that way in both games, in fact your secondary monitor doesn't really scroll in or out either. I just found myself scrolling in and out to get around rather than sliding my screen around (mainly because you'd spend 5 minutes sliding left and right to reach each different battlezone).

Any solutions?

It's been that way in both games, in fact your secondary monitor doesn't really scroll in or out either. I just found myself scrolling in and out to get around rather than sliding my screen around (mainly because you'd spend 5 minutes sliding left and right to reach each different battlezone).

The secondary monitor works just like the primary monitor. It's like a secondary window though, you have to give it focus before you can really do anything with it. I agree with the zooming being easier than scrolling though. One of the biggest things I miss in other games.

EDIT: I was wrong. The secondary monitor doesn't have mouse scrolling. It's a little more limited. You can select things and move them around, zooming in and out to move the screen works just fine.

Edited by Deraldin