Apple iPad

Purkake

This seems like a ridiculous device...but I'm sure Apple will be laughing all the way to the bank with it. No camera, usb, true multitasking, and you have to have addons that you purchase seperately just to get it as functional as any device currently on the market. What DOES it do? Has a big screen? Whoopie...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

After looking at this product I have this to say.

Baka baka shi.

It's just an over size iPod touch. Now if they redisgned it with at least one usb slot and or card slot then it would be a slight improvement. Plus since it is 1.0 now, I'd wait until they update (upgrade) it more or better than now. Then maybe I'd think about getting it. Right now I'll pass on this. It's a nice idea but it really needs more in order to win me over. For those who don't know me I'm a Mac user. Maybe it's a great cup of tea for others but this flavore does nothing for me.

One more thing to ask. Does it run on the iPhone OS or Mac OS? I thought I read Mac OS but it didn't say leopard or snow leopard as the OS. Might have missed it somewhere. If it's the iPhone OS would that be what's out now which is 3.0? I would hope it would be 4.0 to save face for them.

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

One more thing to ask. Does it run on the iPhone OS or Mac OS? I thought I read Mac OS but it didn't say leopard or snow leopard as the OS. Might have missed it somewhere. If it's the iPhone OS would that be what's out now which is 3.0? I would hope it would be 4.0 to save face for them.

It's the iPhone OS and I think they just released 3.2.

I know I'm a bit of a techno-peasant, but surely this is just a knicknack for executives who earn too much and have no mates and no private life? It's too big to be carried sociably, and too small to properly work on. The connectivity it offers is the connectivity of a loner, the gimcrack friendship of facebook etc etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know I'm a bit of a techno-peasant, but surely this is just a knicknack for executives who earn too much and have no mates and no private life? It's too big to be carried sociably, and too small to properly work on. The connectivity it offers is the connectivity of a loner, the gimcrack friendship of facebook etc etc.

10 inches isn't too small to work on. It's also probably one of the lightest netbooks or tablets out there. It's easy to carry.

Techno-peasant!

But they already made the Macbook Air for that. I still laugh at its 4200 RPM hard drive.

Gimcrack, forsooth.

Fo' shizzle.