Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Humodour

Well, at least if you chose Leanna & did that purification ritual you received some badass weapons.

Hey guys, is it worth playing the game on Hard as a Mage?

I heard it's just plain painful and annoying as a fighter but considering ideally a mage wants to avoid close quarters and getting hurt at all, maybe Hard is good fun for a mage?

Melee becomes trivial as soon as you get the Lightning shield. All enemies will be stunned after a successful block and you can do whatever you want.

There's also that overpowered Shield spell that makes your character invulnerable for 20 seconds or so. Overall I found playing a jack-of-all-trades most fun.

Not exactly the same genre, but RUNE. UT engine wasn't manly enough, so Human Head added vikings. :p

Heavy Metal: FAKK 2 is another great game in the same mold.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yep, in sweet and f***ing cold Finland.

Funny I never thought you were a fin.

Every one of them I know is profoundly asocial and cranky :p

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Funny I never thought you were a fin.

Every one of them I know is profoundly asocial and cranky :p

:lol:

Well, you would be asocial and cranky too if the temperature there would be -20C. Goddamn global warming, get a move on!

*sigh* I just slew like 15 orcs in open combat with my daggers and without a shield and my health didn't drop below 50%. And before that, it was the same but with the black guards trying to storm the ship.

There's little incentive to use stealth.

Edit: Don't get me wrong - it was fun, but... maybe I should have chosen hard. Hmm.

Edited by Krezack

IMHO, this game style is far more suited to free open world exploration than linear plot and advancement.

Imagine Oblivion with the HL2 engine + Dark MEssiah's skill and combat framework. Now THAT I would play...

... Although it'd also help if they gave Oblivion some sort of story and plot in the process.

Edit: Don't get me wrong - it was fun, but... maybe I should have chosen hard. Hmm.

Yeah, the game can be too easy, especially if you abuse the heal spell. You should use hard or very hard difficulty, I use hard. For very hard you need to be Conan the Barbarian on speed or something.

IMHO, this game style is far more suited to free open world exploration than linear plot and advancement.

Arkane's first game Arx Fatalis was about exploration with some combat. Their second game DM is just about the opposite, and I absolutely love them both. If they make a game thats somewhere between them, atmospheric exploration with really fun combat, I think I will build a shrine to Arkane.

Yeah, the game can be too easy, especially if you abuse the heal spell. You should use hard or very hard difficulty, I use hard. For very hard you need to be Conan the Barbarian on speed or something.

I have decided to stick with being a Thief with the defencive magic tree on normal for now. We'll see what happens.