UK Government drug Policy

Walsingham

Maybe they would still be losers, I don't know. Also, I didn't say they were all complete losers, just moreso than others.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

If there were really credible studies that cannabis is an effective treatment for medical conditions, it would be available for prescription in fixed dosages just like every other controlled substance that's illegal without a prescription.

It is in someplaces.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If there were really credible studies that cannabis is an effective treatment for medical conditions, it would be available for prescription in fixed dosages just like every other controlled substance that's illegal without a prescription.

Heh, you're so ignorant it's making me smile. Cannabis is currently legal to use for medical purposes in multiple US states and european countries, including Finland.

Marijuana is a prescription drug in Canada. A quick Google seems to indicate that it is in California as well.

You can't get a bad trip with weed. I've smoked too much yeah and it hasn't always been that pleasant but as long as you know what you're smoking and your limits (both of which would be a thousand times easier if cannabis was legal) you can't really have a bad high. Sure there's some people who just don't like it but I don't think they'd smoke more than once or twice.

Yeah E's are different. I don't really get why they'd need to be legalized. Then again I've never done any. But IIRC they're really not that dangerous. Lethality rate is nowhere near alcohol levels. To each their own, it's not a heavy drug. Better than getting wasted.

That's nice because I remember one particularly unpleasant experience I had with hash. That must have been the second time I ever did it, and my last.

The point with MDMA isn't that's deadly in the sense coke can be, but rather that it's a psychoactive substance that acts directly on the neurotransmitter receptors, and anything that ****s with your neurons like that can't be good in the long run. If it were a substance intended for therapeutical use, it would have been thoroughly researched and put through standarized criteria before being approved.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You can't get a bad trip with weed. I've smoked too much yeah and it hasn't always been that pleasant but as long as you know what you're smoking and your limits (both of which would be a thousand times easier if cannabis was legal) you can't really have a bad high. Sure there's some people who just don't like it but I don't think they'd smoke more than once or twice.

Yeah E's are different. I don't really get why they'd need to be legalized. Then again I've never done any. But IIRC they're really not that dangerous. Lethality rate is nowhere near alcohol levels. To each their own, it's not a heavy drug. Better than getting wasted.

That's nice because I remember one particularly unpleasant experience I had with hash. That must have been the second time I ever did it, and my last.

Sounds like you smoked more than you could handle. Happens to some people, it's unavoidable when you don't really know what you're getting. If you had the option to walk into a store, tell the clerk you're a beginner and ask for something mellow and get detailed instructions how much to smoke this wouldn't be an issue. All this is possible in Amsterdam.

The point with MDMA isn't that's deadly in the sense coke can be, but rather that it's a psychoactive substance that acts directly on the neurotransmitter receptors, and anything that ****s with your neurons like that can't be good in the long run. If it were a substance intended for therapeutical use, it would have been thoroughly researched and put through standarized criteria before being approved.

Yeah I wouldn't do it. I've been thinking about tripping on acid since it sounds really cool but MDMA just..I dunno makes you wanna dance? Not worth it IMO.

It helps with appetite, the munchies, and is given to patients to counteract for instance the effects of chemotherapy. There is even a synthesized cannabis pill for those who dislike smoking it.

It's also available as a mouth spray!

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Gentlemen, please. WoD is clearly feeling pressured. I suggest we accord his youth some slack. Isn't it good for a young man to believe in self-control and achievement over indulgence?

I know many high flying individuals, even those acting on the world stage, who smoke dope. I tried it in college and found I had only thought I was relaxed before! lol I don't take it now because I feel it's not my style, and in any case you can't if you're in the Forces.

This is not to say you can't go overboard and take too much. But this is true of literally everything. I'm a serial over-indulger of pies and ale. But I don't regard that as a failing of either object. Nor, frankly, do I feel it's a great failing in myself. I have a deep suspicion of the abstemious, and often wonder if denying yourself things isn't as much of a power-addiction as cutting, if taken too far.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gentlemen, please. WoD is clearly feeling pressured. I suggest we accord his youth some slack. Isn't it good for a young man to believe in self-control and achievement over indulgence?
I know you're joking, but I'm pretty sure I'm older than you are.

As far as being legalized for medical use in US, that's really just a back door way of legalizing it in a few states. It's still illegal under the Federal law, which takes precedence. It may be available in pill form legally by prescription, I've heard that but I'm not sure. Certainly FDA wouldn't approve a medication that's delivered by smoking and has no dosage, since it obviously damages the lungs.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

# A pharmaceutical product, Marinol, is widely available through prescription. It comes in the form of a pill and is also being studied by researchers for suitability via other delivery methods, such as an inhaler or patch. The active ingredient of Marinol is synthetic THC, which has been found to relieve the nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy for cancer patients and to assist with loss of appetite with AIDS patients.

# Unlike smoked marijuana--which contains more than 400 different chemicals, including most of the hazardous chemicals found in tobacco smoke-Marinol has been studied and approved by the medical community and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the nation's watchdog over unsafe and harmful food and drug products. Since the passage of the 1906 Pure Food and Drug Act, any drug that is marketed in the United States must undergo rigorous scientific testing. The approval process mandated by this act ensures that claims of safety and therapeutic value are supported by clinical evidence and keeps unsafe, ineffective and dangerous drugs off the market.

#

There are no FDA-approved medications that are smoked. For one thing, smoking is generally a poor way to deliver medicine. It is difficult to administer safe, regulated dosages of medicines in smoked form. Secondly, the harmful chemicals and carcinogens that are byproducts of smoking create entirely new health problems. There are four times the level of tar in a marijuana cigarette, for example, than in a tobacco cigarette

I still prefer smoking or vaporizing.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Smoking marijuana is worse for your lungs than smoking cigarettes. Luckily people don't smoke marijuana as often as cigarettes, usually. Still really bad.

Vapourising is 100 times safer for your lungs. Problem is that it's easier to smoke, or find somebody else smoking who'll share with you. >_<

LK: MDMA/esctasy is basically just speed that feels nice as well as fast. It's semi-fun, and pretty non-addictive, but the comedown can be nasty. Not worth it, IMHO. It's also a really bad idea to mix it with alcohol because while it's more fun, it's way worse for your body and can kill you three ways by dehydration, removing all the salts from your body, or heat death.

I'd avoid shrooms in case they accidentally picked the poisonous ones (which look identical and grow in the same areas), and I'd avoid LSD in case it's actually PCP instead or something. If they could guarantee it was what they said I'd be willing but how can you confirm? But medically speaking LSD and shrooms are harmless and the only reason they remain banned seems to be the fact that it's physically dangerous to hallucinate without a sitter. Also conservative prudes of course. Because you could easily remove the arguments of "you don't know what's in it" by regulating the substance like they do alcohol, cigarettes, prescription amphetamines, etc.

*Coughing with laughter*

I hope for your sake that you're not.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not sure there is much medical proof of the matter, but I can think of several old stoners who just 'never came down' off their trip. I'm all for a little hallucination, but I don't think I would enjoy giving up that many of my faculties at once. It would just feel too scary. Consequently I never repeated my failed shrooms experiment.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I tried shrooms one time and nothing happened. Of course I did fry them and serve them with a stake, it might have fouled the active ingredients. They were hand picked by experienced hippies so they must have been the genuine article.

It says a lot about me that I'd genuinely rather have the steak.

-Elwood Blues

*Coughing with laughter*

It's a common affliction, not much I can do about it.

Mushrooms are really good fried with potatoes, yummy. Why anyone would intentionally eat poisonous ones is beyond me.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I would really like to try mushrooms, LSD or MDMA some day. Just once. Imagine having a consient dream sounds pretty awesome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would really like to try mushrooms, LSD or MDMA some day. Just once. Imagine having a consient dream sounds pretty awesome.

I fully intend to give them all a try when I'm old and have few responsibilities. If i make it that far!

-Elwood Blues

*Coughing with laughter*

It's a common affliction, not much I can do about it.

Mushrooms are really good fried with potatoes, yummy. Why anyone would intentionally eat poisonous ones is beyond me.

Living without hallucinating is like breathing with only one nostril. Which is to say, perfectly possible and only ever so slightly handicapping. People have used hallucinogens throughout history, to commune with the spirits, out of curiosity, to send them into a berserker rage on the battlefield (or so the story goes)

Here are some thoroughly stoned animals your viewing pleasure.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Weirdly enough, I actually normally breathe through only one nostril almost all the time, having had my nose broken.

-Elwood Blues

So because of this discussion, I was just watching a National Geographic show about pot. They said it's claimed that it can lead to depression, memory loss and reduced performance on the job and in school.

So because of this discussion, I was just watching a National Geographic show about pot. They said it's claimed that it can lead to depression, memory loss and reduced performance on the job and in school.

This is a bit misleading. Pot itself does not cause depression; however, it can trigger it. This is why people with a history of depression or mental illnesses should be wary if they decide to smoke, or at least acknowledge the risk. On the other hand cannabis can also be used to treat depression :thumbsup:

Memory loss is true, some studies show that cannabis somewhat affects your short term memory. It's not really serious, just don't smoke every day. I don't really notice it in any of my friends, even the ones who light up daily.

The problem with the last claim is how did they measure something like that? Did you draw the conclusions from the fact that a lot of people with issues tend to self medicate with drugs? If so, I don't really think cannabis is the reason for the reduced job performance loss, the reason is something else entirely. I know smoking pot doesn't affect my job performance.

I've read some studies that smoking cannabis reduces your mathematical skills while boosting your social skills and creativity. I also read of a test that people who smoked weed in their teens have an IQ of 5 points lower than the ones who didn't smoke it. Don't know how accurate either test is.