Blizzcon

Purkake

I was finally able to get dii.net to load and start playing the actual monk gameplay video.

I'm definitely making one of these first. The Witch Doctor/Barb is unappealing and the Wizard...well, maybe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh...that's easier.

But I'm in the middle of downloading diinet's, so I can have a hard copy. :*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd be shocked if it had fewer than pre-expansion DII and that symmetrical arrangement suggests at least two more.

Pre-expansion D2 had five character classes. D3 has been confirmed to also only have five character classes which leaves one to still be anounced. I hope and suspect it will be a bow using class.

Monk trailer is
. Grab it while you can.

Wow... those are some pretty bad graphics, honestly. I don't mind color, but Diablo is supposed to be gritty. This just looks too clean, too shiny.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There's some clips and stuff on Blizzard's site as well.

Oh..that's where the shorter one came from I guess. I couldn't get blizzard.com to load for a while, either. lol

Edited by LadyCrimson

Monk trailer is
. Grab it while you can.

Wow... those are some pretty bad graphics, honestly. I don't mind color, but Diablo is supposed to be gritty. This just looks too clean, too shiny.

I know very much what you mean about the graphic color atmosphere...D3 reminds me a lot more of Titan Quest in that regard...but if the gameplay is still as mindlessly addictive, I won't care about the graphics. Besides, Diablo2 had lots of beige desert sand, too..and it's grittiness was more due to 800 resolution and pixelation than anything else. :*

We shall see.

i think its a little strange that there so far is only one class that wears heavy armor (the barbarian), there are no classes that use ranged weapons, and there is only one more class to be announced...

is the next class going to be a plate-mail wearing archer?

a retread of the amazon maybe? an aragorn style ranger?

or are they sticking with only 1 heavy armored class this time around?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Monk trailer is
. Grab it while you can.

Just wait until you see the unicorns farting rainbows.

Again, I don't mind the color.

But let's face it, WoW is a terrible looking game and Diablo 3 looks almost exactly the same (in terms of graphics, not gameplay). The textures are soft and the polygon is really low, not to mention that the animation looks about the same quality. I'm just saying this really doesn't look like this generation of graphics.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

All you need to wear the heavier armors is more strength. It never really mattered what kind of armor you wore, the special magic stuff that came with it mattered.

The stats are auto assigned in D3. There may be ways to alter stats through items or other systems but it's still unclear. They also have weapons that have class restrictions (barbs can't use staves, wizards can't use two handed axes etc..) but I'm not sure if that will extend to armors or not.

I'm just saying this really doesn't look like this generation of graphics.

Who gives a flying fart, really? I mean, this isn't an in-your face kind of game where graphic wizardry can mean a whole lot more in terms of immersion. It's a 'I can barely tell what the monsters face looks like' top down perspective. Even if they have a zoom function (not saying they do/don't, I don't know), I doubt many would use it while actually playing...just screenshots.

It's much upgraded from the old games and looks fine for playing.

Edited by LadyCrimson

All you need to wear the heavier armors is more strength. It never really mattered what kind of armor you wore, the special magic stuff that came with it mattered.

The stats are auto assigned in D3. There may be ways to alter stats through items or other systems but it's still unclear. They also have weapons that have class restrictions (barbs can't use staves, wizards can't use two handed axes etc..) but I'm not sure if that will extend to armors or not.

aw poop

it always amused me to have a big beefy barbarian running around with a mere dagger

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm just saying this really doesn't look like this generation of graphics.

Who gives a flying fart, really? I mean, this isn't an in-your face kind of game where graphic wizardry can mean a whole lot more in terms of immersion. It's a 'I can barely tell what the monsters face looks like' top down perspective.

It's much upgraded from the old games and looks fine for playing.

Oh, of course it'll be fun. It's Diablo.

But hack-n-slash, when not in 2D/isometric, is somewhat more fun if the graphics don't look dated.

But hack-n-slash, when not in 2D/isometric, is somewhat more fun if the graphics don't look dated.

I disagree that it's more fun. Prettier, yes...more fun...no. But that's just me.

Well if clicking on an enemy is the only thing you do for most of the game, the reaction should at least be interesting.

Well if clicking on an enemy is the only thing you do for most of the game, the reaction should at least be interesting.

Reaction? That doesn't, to me, necessarily have to do with how pretty/modern the graphics are. From the 12 minute actual gameplay vid, there was plenty of visual stuff...bodies exploding, spells effects, etc.

I dunno...it looks like gameplay/battles move so fast I'd barely notice anything too fancy anyway. :lol:

What are you expecting? D3 will be like D2, with more interactive environment and 3d stuff.

If you don't enjoy the D2's style of gameplay then you probably won't like D3, simple as that.

Hey hey hey hey. Slow down.

I dislike the lack of detail in textures and polygon count, and honestly expected Blizzard to pull off some better looking characters, but other than that I've already said the game will be enjoyable. Also it's Diablo. Blizzard can't mess it up.

Hey hey hey hey. Slow down.

I dislike the lack of detail in textures and polygon count, and honestly expected Blizzard to pull off some better looking characters, but other than that I've already said the game will be enjoyable. Also it's Diablo. Blizzard can't mess it up.

What was that about the clicking and reactions?