What are you playing now

Gorth

There more i play Shadow Complex the more i'm convinced it's the best deal i got for my money in a long long while.

I just completed it at 100%. It was fab, I need more games like this.

I'm replaying it at a higher difficulty and with golden guns. Maybe i'll even try to get all the achievements.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Nothing right now. I have playthroughs of MotB, VtMB (as a Malkavian), and KotOR II that I've started, but I just haven't got around to carrying them on.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Is it good? I'm going to be downloading it at the end of the monh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Thanks. Fun for a while is good enough to give it a try. Is it that the combat becomes repetitive?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Thanks. Fun for a while is good enough to give it a try. Is it that the combat becomes repetitive?

Yup, each of the units has a few abilities, so when playing that unit gets boring, but trying new ones is always fun. The combat is pretty simplistic, though.

Too bad there isn't a demo.

Just finished Mirrors Edge. The reviewers who said its "too much trial and error" were full of it, since only the last level could see you repeating things too often. The game is fluid, the graphics great, the music is wonderful and overall the game is very very good. The average ratings dont do it justice.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Just finished Mirrors Edge. The reviewers who said its "too much trial and error" were full of it, since only the last level could see you repeating things too often. The game is fluid, the graphics great, the music is wonderful and overall the game is very very good. The average ratings dont do it justice.

Trial and error has nothing to do with you repeating things. There were quite a few times when I didn't know where to go and the game grinded to a halt. I had the most fun with the fighting, I didn't really like the running stuff, especially when you had limited time.

Trial and error has nothing to do with you repeating things. There were quite a few times when I didn't know where to go and the game grinded to a halt. I had the most fun with the fighting, I didn't really like the running stuff, especially when you had limited time.

Their complaint was that it was too easy to die and they had to repeat parts until they got it right. I say this is bs. I stopped only two or three times, not knowing where to go otherwise its pretty obvious and intuitive, not to mention that 90% of the time you just need to look for the red places. I liked the running more, I kept the fighting strictly melee to finish the game without killing anyone.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Their complaint was that it was too easy to die and they had to repeat parts until they got it right. I say this is bs. I stopped only two or three times, not knowing where to go otherwise its pretty obvious and intuitive, not to mention that 90% of the time you just need to look for the red places. I liked the running more, I kept the fighting strictly melee to finish the game without killing anyone.

For me, there was a whole bunch of trial and error and lots of dying. It's nice that you liked it though, we need more games based on fresh ideas.

Also, the

was pretty good.

For me, there was a whole bunch of trial and error and lots of dying. It's nice that you liked it though, we need more games based on fresh ideas.

Also, the

was pretty good.

I agree, its a step in a good direction.

Mhm, I love actual singing in music in games, a pity its so rare.

logosig2.jpg

I'm playing Crysis in DX10. The drivers really improved over the last year, so that DX10 games now actually run smooth.

They actually make decent DX10 cards as well. The first gen DX10 cards weren't too good with DX10, actually. They did DX9 really well, though.

Edited by Purkake

I'm playing Crysis in DX10. The drivers really improved over the last year, so that DX10 games now actually run smooth.

They actually make decent DX10 cards as well. The first gen DX10 cards weren't too good with DX10, actually. They did DX9 really well, though.

Nope, still playing it with my "old" 8800 GT. I remember when Crysis came out it was unplayable with DX10. Now, with the same hardware, it's super smooth.

Mirror's Edge is one of the better death simulators I've played.

I'm playing Drakensang. The game is good, but the camera & combat rules are completely wacko.

That's totally true. Read the manual to understand ANYTHING.

I liked the camera, it was like NWN2 only functional. I used the WASD for movement and the mouse for small corrections to the camera. As for the combat rules I don't think you need to understand them at all, the corresponding attributes are highlighted when you look at a weapons skill so what you need to invest in becomes obvious... Its all fairly simple with nonmagic characters, as for magic ones, I havent tried one yet.

logosig2.jpg

Maybe nVidia stepped up the game then, I remember their drivers always being late and having a ton of problems.

Funny, I always thought ATI had the crappy drivers. I mean, sure they released each month a new set, but they mostly introduced more bugs than they fixed. NVidia drivers only come each 3 months out, but are super stable and actually improve performance.

Back in the 8800 GTS/GTX it was nVidia who had buggy drivers, with the Vista version being delayed and not supporting SLI. I liked the ATI model much more, the improvements to specific games actually came out when you were playing them. I don't remember having any problems, either.