Decisions and consequences in games

Azure79

Beats me. There is an entry in the Codex that states that all genetic diseases were a thing of the past due to genetic manipulation in the womb. Maybe Joker's parents were a bit conservative.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest PoziomyPion
Some clarification from the latest ListenUP podcast: (not really any new spoilers)

Apparently the old lady scenario from before is correct. You get the "Shepard dies" ending based on your choices throughout the game, especially the choice of companions. What's more the "Shepard dies" ending is the "wrong" one and ME3 apparently begins with the right one where Shepard doesn't die no matter what you do or at least that's how it sounded.

Also you will get all new companions, you will meet the old ones that survived ME1, but they won't be in your party

Maybe I got it all wrong, but that's what I got from it.

Yay, typical Bioware C&C, just like when Baldur's Gate 2 pushed on you annoying Jaheira who treated PC like her shrink and a retarded ranger who shoved a hamster up his ass. It didn't matter you finished BG1 killing both of them.

:nuke:

I'd rather they forced the endgame events in order to deliver the story in the sequel actually. Sometimes things happen outside your control. Sometimes you can't just save Khalid. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's just when they go too far (e.g. if the ending decisions were as momentous as in MOTB, a 'sequel' doing this wouldn't work) or make decisions that are unnecessary.

Personally I'd be much happier if they took Shepard Dies as a canon ending. Do intersting things with that!

I'd rather they forced the endgame events in order to deliver the story in the sequel actually. Sometimes things happen outside your control. Sometimes you can't just save Khalid. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's just when they go too far (e.g. if the ending decisions were as momentous as in MOTB, a 'sequel' doing this wouldn't work) or make decisions that are unnecessary.

Personally I'd be much happier if they took Shepard Dies as a canon ending. Do intersting things with that!

I thought it was clear that MotB's sequel takes place in the Far Realms and looks like a psychedelic music video. Gotta eat em' all!