A Portuguese magazine comes through with new info,

So, the most recent issue of BGamer, a Portuguese magazine that doesn't completely suck anymore, has Alpha Protocol on its cover.

And, on the magazine's insides there's a juicy new interview with Ryan Rucinski and quite a few screenshots and bits of artwork I don't recall having seen before. I don't know if any of the "new" stuff has appeared in other magazines.

Here's the info that I think is new or that is already known but still awesome:

• Usually consequences aren't immediately apparent, and seem to be of the kind which determine how certain people and groups view your character.
  • the article indicates that there are four different weapon makers in addition to the four different weapons
  • weapon mods
  • location based damage. It doesn't mention if this includes limb crippling.
  • Hand to hand combat can be lethal or just leave people unconscious
  • Avoiding enemies can be tech based or stealth based

Artwork and screenies:

There's a bunch of portraits of people you'll meet in the game. These include the trenchcoat guy, a chick eating bubblegum and sporting round cleavage, a Germanic looking man with glasses and a scarf, the girl with purple hair, a big burly guy with a medal hanging from his neck, a business man, a guy with tattoos wearing a pink jacket, and a dirty and sleazy looking guy wearing an apron.

In the screenies I don't remember seeing there's Thorton about to kick a security guy in the face, Thorton getting on a ship with Cyrillic characters on it, Thorton about to stealth kill a guy with a slick looking knife, and the purple hair girl.

I think that's it. I'll try to find out if posting scans of the artwork is allowed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Heh, take that Funcroc :sorcerer:

(he probably doesn't speak Portuguese).

Nice :lol:

You might need to contact the magazine for written permission to show anything from it though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*explains at great length why head kicks are seldom a good idea combatively* :sorcerer:

Based on what we know, the slick-looking knife to which you refer is probably a kerambit. I think American Kenpo uses them, though I'm most familiar with them as a weapon used in the Filipino martial arts and silat (which, if you ask me, are more than a little similar). The movie "Taken" features a good fight scene with one.

*explains at great length why head kicks are seldom a good idea combatively* :)

Based on what we know, the slick-looking knife to which you refer is probably a kerambit. I think American Kenpo uses them, though I'm most familiar with them as a weapon used in the Filipino martial arts and silat (which, if you ask me, are more than a little similar). The movie "Taken" features a good fight scene with one.

Yep, that's it. The blade is similar to the one in the following picture, except that Thorton's is longer.

4674-1.jpg

Heja Sverige!!

No dice on the scans. Sorry.

Heja Sverige!!

BGamer. Yes, but you only get to see the cover on the website.

Edit: Or rather, actually you get to see the first two pages of the article, which are useless.

Heja Sverige!!