Dollhouse

Purkake

"I didn't get the point of sending the handler to Mellie, only to get him arrested, though."

He's dead, I believe.

Good episode; but not really all that much better than some earlier episodes.

At least they finally pushed the plot forward and I think they did a pretty good job showing the moral ambiguity of dollhouse from the perspective of the rich dude who lost his wife and all the people in the news clips. All the fighting seemed weird though, are they all masters of weird asian martial arts now?

Edited by Purkake

Good episode; but not really all that much better than some earlier episodes.

I didn't watch it because I was assuming that'd be the case. I guess my attention span for the show has evaporated. Maybe I'll buy the DVD set to catch up later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You guys are a bunch of pushovers, Whedon needs you!

This episode was head and shoulders over any of the other episodes. Please watch this one and if you still don't like it, THEN give up.

EDIT: It's up on Hulu as well for all you Americans.

Edited by Purkake

I just have a short attention span for weekly TV. And commercials. I wouldn't have even gotten into CSI:Vegas if they hadn't released the first 4 seasons on DVD for me to see all at once. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The show certainly seems to get better every week.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I jaw saw the 6th episode and it really was a cut above the previous ones. However, I still don't know how Dollhouse can survive Dushku. She really is godawful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well this episode was... weird, one might almost say crazy.

The Topher/Adelle stuff was hilarious, but it got pretty ridiculous when everyone was on drugs. While Echo was super-cute in that outfit, she was exactly the same as Caroline in the flashbacks, the only thing she does well is the child-like state. Speaking of the flashbacks, I found them confusing and pretty boring. Victor and Sierra were awesome as usual and the new black soon-to-be-doll seemed pretty cool as well.

The preview for next week looks really interesting.

I jaw saw the 6th episode and it really was a cut above the previous ones. However, I still don't know how Dollhouse can survive Dushku. She really is godawful.

I totally agree, what the hell was Whedon thinking? "She was made for that role" yeah like a square peg was made for a round hole...

Dichen Lachman(Sierra) would be a way better lead for the show

Edited by Purkake

She was made for the role in the sense that it's her project, I guess. She was the one who pushed for its production, I think.

Heja Sverige!!

She was made for the role in the sense that it's her project, I guess. She was the one who pushed for its production, I think.

Apparently she and Whedon had a 4h lunch where he pitched his idea and they figured out the Dollhouse stuff. It was mostly Whedon's idea, but she helped a little. Maybe she could play a normal character, but the new character every week stuff is obviously too much for her and it shows.

Edited by Purkake

The only character she is able to play is the sultry, evil dumbass, and even that she isn't particularly good at. Soul Survivors and that horrid Tru Calling thing scarred me for life.

It's really annoying too, because the casting of Dollhouse is generally spot on. As you mentioned, the chick who plays Sierra isn't bad, at all.

Heja Sverige!!

Best episode is yet.

And, DUshku is getting a bad rap here. She's doing a pretty darn good job.

She might be doing a good job, but her good isn't enough. All her characters feel the same, the flashback Caroline was exactly as stocking-girl in this episode. It is truly a shame when your secondary characters(Victor, Sierra) out-act the star so much that it shows. Eliza is either a clueless child or an evil bitch.

Edited by Purkake

"All her characters feel the same, the flashback Caroline was exactly as stocking-girl in this episode."

Blame the writers. And, no, not all her characters feel the same. The two in this episode did; but that wa slikely intentional because of the overlapping memories.

And, Sierra's actress is being way over rated by the so called 'pundits'. Mellie, on the other hand, is awesome. Victor is solid outside of his 'russian mobster' personality as he was just a stereotype.

The nerd guy, and Echo's handler are doing the best jobs.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first episode and I am not watching this crap again. Its hard to put your finger exactly on whats wrong, it just has that Joss Wheedon vibe of cheese. Its also quite boring.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I saw the first episode and I am not watching this crap again. Its hard to put your finger exactly on whats wrong, it just has that Joss Wheedon vibe of cheese. Its also quite boring.

The first 5 episodes are pretty much crap, after that it picks up quite a bit. It could still be better though...

If this does well, will the chance of a new season of Firefly improve?

No

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg