Lets talk about guns

Just give me a magnum. Screw all the other fancy shmancy stuff, just give me a good old 6-shot magnum.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

From what I have read there are going to be 4 main types of weapons: handguns, SMGs, shotguns, and rifles.

To nitpick, that would be the 4 main types of personal firearms. I'd fully expect a rouge CIA operative to have everything from deadly charm to portable nukes in his arsenal. ;)

I also heard that SMGs will always be duel wielded.

Sounds like a gamey decision if true. Dual wielded SMGs would have little to no accuracy and would be less effective than a single SMG on anything but point blank range.

I'm kinda rooting for the HK 416 to make it to the game.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

I want my m1911 .45. Please, I don't want a ****ty 9mm pistol.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I want my m1911 .45. Please, I don't want a ****ty 9mm pistol.

Totally Agree, except I prefer the USP Tactical or the XD45 to the M1911, still wouldn't mind having it in the game though.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

"4 main types of weapons: handguns, SMGs, shotguns, and rifles" i'm hoping that by rifles they mean assault rifles (the Captain America of firearms), still that list seems to be lacking LMG's (i know not the most covert of weapons but if you're wanting to play as a merc it'd be nice to have them), melee weapons (knives and swords), and sniper rifles (hopefully included in the rifles category).

Melee weapons (of which there's only two we know of, one of which is just brass knuckles) are part of the martial arts skill. There was a sniper rifle in one of the trailers, though I don't know if it's a special implementation of some sort or an actual weapon you can carry around and use at will.

LMGs might be cool, though I won't lose sleep over their absence.

• 2 weeks later...
i know you couldn't in the Splinter Cell and Hitman games but can you pick up opponents weapons?

No idea, but taking weapons off the bad guys is pretty common in the Bond / Bourne movies, so it would be nice.

• 2 months later...
Think about it this way: We've already got the silent assassin gameplay, heavy weapons guy gameplay and traps n' melee gameplay. All we need is western gameplay, with guys in longcoats and hats, dual-wielding pistols painted gold.

I want a revolver too, period. I prefer stainless teel rather than gold though.

Just give me a magnum. Screw all the other fancy shmancy stuff, just give me a good old 6-shot magnum.

Seconded. I want a revolver magnum. Preferrably 6 shot .357 magnum in stainless steel, like a smith and wesson 686, or a 6 shot .44 magnum like the current Taurus Ragin Bull 6 inch variety.

I also want a Magnum. vanilla flavor on the inside, chocolate with nuts on the outside. :-

Seriously, I'd rather go for the more fancy modern weapons for coolness. Nad it would be nice to pick up weapons from enemies. There might even be situations where you dont have a weapon in the beginning and have to "aquire" one first.

i may be WAY late to the party but I saw on ign I think that weapon packs will go to those who preorder from bricknmortars, and those weapon packs contain fancy weapons that have bizarro names like "thunderhammer" and stuff. No real world weapon names on that list (unless there exists a whole category of bizarre weaponry with names like "obliterator" instead of G36C)

again, sorry if I'm saying stuff that's known already.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.