Jack Thompson was right!

Wrath of Dagon

Mark Petric testified that his son came into the room and asked: "Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you." He testified that he expected a pleasant surprise. Then his head went numb from the gunshot.

So, that's what it's like to get shot in the head. Your head goes numb.

I have a friend who was carjacked and got shot in the head. I think he said it went numb-ish. He thought he was dead, so he lay still until he got bored and tried to move. Then he managed to get up and walk away. Bullet physics, man.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know someone who got shot through the shoulder with a 30-06. He said it was like getting slammed in the shoulder with a two-by-four by someone exceptionally strong.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thought it would be painful like getting hit with a baseball bat. Then it would sting for a while and then you pass out dead.

Keep in mind that your brain itself has no pain receptors. So any damage to it doesn't hurt. I guess because there's so little tissue on your head (outside thebrain) it can't hurt much. Like getting whacked on the point of your elbow.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Damn physcos. Fry him.

It seems, yet again, that this had absolutely nothing to do with videogames.

I disagree with your later statement. This had something to do with videogames obviously. I mean the kid was probably an addict who was used to getting his way, when he didn't get his way he became unhinged and grabbed for a gun. The kid probably had some emotional damage or disorder that led him to thinking murder was a solution, I know with my bipolar I've come up with some pretty scary stuff when I'm frustrated and on the down swing of the bipolar. Usually though I have enough self control to realize I'm being an idiot.

The kid needs counseling and probably be sent cold turkey around video games.

I don't see a correlation between being addicted to games (WTF? Is that even possible?) and being the type of phsycopath who goes around shooting people.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I have a friend who was carjacked and got shot in the head. I think he said it went numb-ish. He thought he was dead, so he lay still until he got bored and tried to move. Then he managed to get up and walk away. Bullet physics, man.

"Oh, I'm dead. I better just lie still."

Keep in mind that your brain itself has no pain receptors. So any damage to it doesn't hurt. I guess because there's so little tissue on your head (outside thebrain) it can't hurt much. Like getting whacked on the point of your elbow.

Interesting. I always thought that you would actually persist in blinding pain for quite a few seconds after 'death'.

eh, addiction is addiction, addicts will go to INSANE lengths to get a hit of whatever their drug of choice is. Videogames as an addiction is not as serious as say Meth or crack, but it can still be pretty serious. This kid obviously was an addict, he also probably had a massive emotional instability that led to him becoming violent.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Oh, I'm dead. I better just lie still."

Pretty much! :sweat: He's quite religious, so I guess it was much like waiting for a bus.

-Elwood Blues

You can get addicted to anything you use as a crutch to avoid dealing with life.

You mean like a highly structured, success-oriented, physically active mentality?

-Elwood Blues

You can get addicted to anything you use as a crutch to avoid dealing with life.

You mean like a highly structured, success-oriented, physically active mentality?

I think he means like City-gibberish. :ermm:

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The founder of Europe's first game addiction clinic said:

"...the more we work with these kids the less I believe we can call this addiction. What many of these kids need is their parents and their school teachers - this is a social problem."

i.e. that games aren't really addictive but that excessive gaming can be a sign that something else is wrong.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)