About The Min Specs...

I just contacted my local game shop, and they said that they have KOTOR 2 in stock, but not the first, so I decided I wanted to buy it. So I did the research and found out that my PC meets some of the recommended specs, and all the min specs but one. My PC has really low RAM (192!), and this game's MIN RAM is 256, making a 64 MB difference ;) . I would like to know if the game would still work, as I really want this game. Any help would be much appreciated.

"Peace is having a bigger stick than the other guy."

-Tony Stark, Iron Man

I doubt you would get satisfying results with that small bit of RAM. The game would play at a crawl.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

192 MB Ram?

You can actually run games with that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Like everyone else said, you really need additional RAM. But RAM is *really* cheap these days, so just go out and buy a GIG (or 2).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I doubt he did. He seems to have checked his specs correctly, 192 GB of diskspace is enough for anything, and it can't possibly 192 MBs of diskpace.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I went out and bought KOTOR 2 yesterday and it didn't work. So I scanned my hardware and found that I had too little RAM (which I already knew), and that my graphics card is too weak. So I'm taking all of your advice and I'm going out to buy a new graphics card tommorow. And for my RAM, its not total crap now! I bought 1 GB of RAM today for just 50 bucks (!), and my PC is SOO much faster now. So tommorow I'm going to get either the ATI Radeon 9200 or the NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti, which are the recommened graphics cards for KOTOR 2. I know that they are kind of old, but there cheap and they're what I need. Thanks everyone for all your help :lol:!

-Tony Stark, Iron Man

So tommorow I'm going to get either the ATI Radeon 9200 or the NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti, which are the recommened graphics cards for KOTOR 2. I know that they are kind of old, but there cheap and they're what I need. Thanks everyone for all your help :(!
Check their prices first and compare any low end new generation card to this price. Please post here first, because chances are that a new $30 graphics card is faster than a 9200 or a 4Ti :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

True, but from what I gather KotOR and TSL are a bit problematic with newer cards, so it might better to get an older one instead, to avoid any potential veins popping in your forehead! 8) Granted, for newer games you will want a nicer/newer card and a load of RAM.

I ended up getting an ATI Radeon 9250 and it works great. Not only can I run the graphics at their very best, but because of the RAM I bought there is no sign of slow down what so ever. My copy of The Sims 2 looks great also ;). The card cost me 69.99 + tax in Canadian $. I must say, I love this game and I think I will have to play the two of them AGAIN when I finish. You guys were all a great help and I thank you.

P.S. What's up with Kreia's eyes, she won't tell me.

-Tony Stark, Iron Man

True, but from what I gather KotOR and TSL are a bit problematic with newer cards, so it might better to get an older one instead, to avoid any potential veins popping in your forehead!

It has more to do with the new drivers than the new cards... ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot