NHL

Gorth

Predictions for the first round went like this:

mkreku: 6-2 Detroit, Vancouver, Chicago, Boston (g), Washington (g), Pittsburgh (g)

Volourn: 6-2 Anaheim (g), Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh (g)

Alanschu: 6-2 Detroit, Vancouver, Chicago (g), Boston (g), Washington, Pittsburgh

Kor Qel Droma: 5-3 Boston, Washington (g), Carolina (g), Vancouver, Chicago

Kelverin: 5-3 Anaheim, Detroit, Vancouver, Washington, Pittsburgh

Deraldin: 4-4 Boston, Washington, Carolina, Vancouver

Hurlshot: 3-5 Detroit, Boston, Washington (g)

(g) after a team name indicates correct number of games in addition to the correct team. Mkreku, Volourn and Alanschu are tied for first with a 6-2 record, but the tie breaker goes to mkreku who correctly guessed the number of games for three series as opposed to two each for Volourn and Alanschu.

5-3 may be my best opening round prediction total in the four plus years I've been here.

I totally missed both games tonight, but the highlights were mighty interesting.

Good on Carolina. New Jersey irks me so much because, much like their evil Western counterparts Detroit, of the fact that they're such well run organizations when it comes to pretty much, well everything. I guess I find it tiresome seeing both teams in the playoffs each year, in spite of them both being totally deserving of it.

The second round match ups look pretty interesting as well:

Carolina at Boston : Don't know if it's the old school Whalers fan in me that wants to root for the 'Canes, but I'm still picking Boston in five. Hope I'm wrong. Chara is amazingly incredible.

Pittsburgh at Washington: This is going to be a crazy good series to watch. Ovechkin vs Malkin. Crosby versus everyone else. Pittsburgh has the edge in experience, but aside from that I can see this being pretty even. Coin toss says...Pens in seven.

Anaheim at Detroit: Don't really care who wins this series, so I'll say Ducks in six. I get the feeling whoever wins this one goes to the finals. Although my prediction for Pronger getting suspended didn't happen, it'd be cool if it happened this round.

Chcago at Vancouver: A couple of late season extremely chippy games between these two have me excited to tune in. Chicago will come out strong, but I see the Canucks winning in seven. In Mats I trust. Next year will be the 'Hawks time to shine.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

CAR VS BOS: This will be a closer series than many think; but in the end the edge definitely goes to Boston. They are playing too well to lose to an upstart like Carolina. BOS IN SIX

WSH VS PIT: Kor nailed this one. It will be a tight series; but Malkin + Crosby > Ovechkin. Not fair; but it's life. PIT IN SIX

ANA VS DET: Anaheim, like I said in the first round, is just a couple of seasons away from a SC, and they basically have the same team goalie aside. Sadly for them, they are playing the defending champs. Detroit has the better offense which will win the day in a series that goes the limit. DET IN SEVEN

CHI VS VAN: Chicago impressed me by throughly dominating calgary (though the series took 6 games); but it won't happen again. VAN IN SIX.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I better go against the grain a bit if I want to catch up!

Carolina vs. Boston - Hurricanes in 7. Why not?

Washington vs. Pittsburgh - Caps in 5. They are rolling right now, they just beat a great goalie and they are going up against a mediocre one. I expect a ton of offense in this series, probably the most entertaining to watch.

Anaheim vs. Detroit - Anaheim in 6. If Hiller does what he did to the Sharks, Detroit will struggle. The Red Wings just played a rather easy opponent, so they might be caught a bit flat footed here.

Chicago vs. Vancouver - Vancouver in 6. Should be another fun one to watch, but the 'nucks looked really good against the Blues and Mats has waited a long time for a trip to the Ball.

Well my strategy to pick all Canadian teams last round failed... 5 - 3

Carolina vs. Boston - Boston in 6, all we need now is for another team from Massachusetts to win it all :p

Washington vs. Pittsburgh - Pitt most likely will take it, but I can't choose against my team. Washington in 7

Anaheim vs. Detroit - The smart man will take Detroit, but I'll take the southern California team in 7

Chicago vs. Vancouver - Lets keep one Canadian team involved in their sport Vancouver in 5

CAR vs. BOS: I didn't believe in Carolina in the first round, I don't believe in them now. Chara will not let this go beyond game 6.

WSH vs. PIT: This one is tough. One star against two. But Washington as a team looks more balanced and Varlamov has looked great in goal. I have to go with Washington in.. 7.

ANA vs. DET: Who the hell is Jonas Hiller?! The Big Red Machine will roll over him, Detroit in 5.

CHI vs. VAN: Speedy youngsters but Mats ain't done yet. Vancouver in 6.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Dammiy,I am too tired to watch the game. I hate when there's a hame I want to watch and my eyes jyst won

Crap. 4 minutes from game start and I haven't made my predictions yet.

Vancouver vs Chicago: Vancouver looked very good in the first round. Chicago was lucky the Flames are choke artists. Vancouver in 6.

Detroit vs Anaheim: I bet against Detroit in the first round and they go on to sweep the series. Not making the same mistake. Detroit in 5.

Boston vs Carolina: Carolina is on a high and will have the early edge but Boston will take it in the end. Boston in 6.

Pittsburgh vs Washington: Tough call. The Washington goalie has played brilliantly so far. I'll give Washington the benefit of the doubt here. Washington in 7.

That game could and should have gone much better for the Canucks. They dominated the first two periods, but that first goal by the Blackhawks gave them all kinds of energy and Chicago was the better team for much of the third period. We'll have to see what happens in the next game, but hopefully Vancouver puts in the full 60 minutes.

not being a canucks fan, i won't make any excuses for them, and i had to work so didn't see the game, but they might have run out of gas after a long layoff between rounds. i still think they'll take the series though, and i'm gonna say five games.

anaheim vs detroit - if anyone can find a way to beat hiller, detroit will, and i'll take the wings in six. anaheim will make them pay for it though, and it'll feel like twelve games by the time it's done.

boston vs carolina - boston will shut down staal and whoever else can score in carolina. bruins in five

washington vs pittsburgh - possibly the most entertaining series of the second round. caps in seven.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Great third period last night, the blackhawks really turned it into a game at the end.

Just to be different I'm gonna say Pens over Caps in 6.

You're not that different that's what volo predicted. All the caps love has me really worried now as if I did not have enough to worry about.

yeah, i wasn't talking about specifically this forum, just what i've been hearing from people

Was reading an article about the Washington - Pittsburgh series and they mentioned this:

Holy crap, that was close.

"I'm big Russian machine, I won't break". YEAH RIGHT.

"By the way, bring back Jagr to the Rangers? Not very likely, it seems."

Good for him. The Rangers don't deserve him though I'd love if he returned.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Luongo looked human in the third period of the series opener. And Vancouver fans have an annoying habit of doing that every game. Credit Chicago, however. Not all of the goals against were completely his fault. Like the short handed go-ahead goal for the Hawks. I can see a coach pissing his pants when you lose the lead, with a shorty, in the second round of the playoffs.

Chippy game, though.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

But wasn't that in triple overtime, Hurly?

I haven't even seen a highlight reel tonight. Good on the 'Canes for shutting out Boston.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

But wasn't that in triple overtime, Hurly?

I haven't even seen a highlight reel tonight. Good on the 'Canes for shutting out Boston.

Yeah it was triple overtime. Pretty awesome game, but I only got to watch the overtime periods. Caps and Penguins tonight should be pretty fun, just read on NHL.com that Crosby was practicing hitting empty nets from 4 feet away.