NHL

Gorth

It's just too bad the Oil lost Grebs ( I can't spell his last name fully) last night. He and the recently shelved Visnovsky were quite the tandem. Now it looks like Steve Staois will be getting second pairing minutes, which is never a good thing.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Brett Hull and Brenden Shanahan (Craig Janney just took advantage of a good situation) made one of the best lines ever in hockey.

actually, the better team-up was brett hull and adam oates. the blues blew it with his contract, however, and ended up trading oates to boston in '92. the blues got shanahan in a bad deal when an arbitrator gave the devils scott stevens as compensation for shanahan, which was, to put it mildly, a joke. stevens, btw, never finished a season with a minus rating.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i should add, shanahan is still playing, most recently for his original team, the NJ devils. he was/is a great, and st. louis did appreciate him as well, we just wanted hull 'n oates together again (with stevens, too)!

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Shanahan hasn't been great for a few eyars now. He's basically hanging on based on reputation, and the fact he still at least has a decent slap shot. He was a HUGE joke in the playoffs last season. HUGE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shanahan's statistics for the last three seasons:

05-06 - 40 goals, 41 assists, 81 points

06-07 - 29 goals, 33 assists, 62 points

07-08 - 23 goals, 23 assists, 46 points

Currently he has 5 points in 10 games.

Obviously there is a decline there, but 23 goals is still a very solid contribution. Since Volo brought up the playoffs, he had 12 points in 20 games over the last two years for the Rangers. I really don't understand the Shanahan hate you seem to have, he's a future Hall of Famer and considering the life span of most Power Forwards in the NHL, it's pretty amazing he's still playing and lighting the lamp. Obviously his physical game is less prevalent, but that is the price of aging.

I was a little young and not quite a hockey fan when Oates was in St. Louis, so I've always though of him as a Bruin first. Stevens for Shanny is a funny trade-off. Would Stevens have had the same career that he had for the Devils if he stayed in St. Louis?

On the other hand, St. Louis seems to be a super talented D-man factory! Was Macinnis a St. Louis product?

Shanahan's statistics for the last three seasons:

05-06 - 40 goals, 41 assists, 81 points

06-07 - 29 goals, 33 assists, 62 points

07-08 - 23 goals, 23 assists, 46 points

Currently he has 5 points in 10 games.

Obviously there is a decline there, but 23 goals is still a very solid contribution. Since Volo brought up the playoffs, he had 12 points in 20 games over the last two years for the Rangers. I really don't understand the Shanahan hate you seem to have, he's a future Hall of Famer and considering the life span of most Power Forwards in the NHL, it's pretty amazing he's still playing and lighting the lamp. Obviously his physical game is less prevalent, but that is the price of aging.

I was a little young and not quite a hockey fan when Oates was in St. Louis, so I've always though of him as a Bruin first. Stevens for Shanny is a funny trade-off. Would Stevens have had the same career that he had for the Devils if he stayed in St. Louis?

On the other hand, St. Louis seems to be a super talented D-man factory! Was Macinnis a St. Louis product?

No, MacInnis started out in Calgary and was already a star when he went to the Blues.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Sheldon Souray makes (rightfully so) comments about fans being disrespectful and how he doesn't like to see his friends get verbally attacked when walking from the dressing room to the ice and back.

Good on him for having the cajones to actually speak his mind. Respect++

I won't dispute that many fans here in Edmonton are stupid.

Ah, Calgary, I had forgotten that. They did retire his jersey. So the Blues have had Stevens, Macinnis, and Pronger (not at the same time of course.) That's a pretty nice group. Too bad Barrett Jackman seems to have fallen off the map.

I was a big Jeff Brown fan in one of my NHL hockey games too!

Since the Leafs has been playing rather well recently and they're facing a pretty beatdown Penguins team, I thought it might be nice to watch tonight's game.

1:23 later Malkin scored his first of the night. Great. Oh, it was Cooke. Same ****, different name.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Since the Leafs has been playing rather well recently and they're facing a pretty beatdown Penguins team, I thought it might be nice to watch tonight's game.

1:23 later Malkin scored his first of the night. Great. Oh, it was Cooke. Same ****, different name.

Tell me you didn't stop watching after it was 2-0.

Tell me you didn't stop watching after it was 2-0.

I DID :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lol, maybe they shouldn't have fired him. They lost to the Islanders today.

Cory Clouston didn't win his first game as head coach for Ottawa, nor did they win his second, but they've put together 4 straight wins so far since then. 1st game with a new coach doesn't really mean that much.

Edited by Deraldin

Sheldon Souray makes our power play predictable, yet effective. If I ever get an Oiler jersey, his name and number will be on it.

And Brad Richards breaks his wrist tonight. I have him in both my hockey pool entries this year.:(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

As happy as I am that Ottawa is going on this winning streak, the fact remains that my preferred team, Montreal, is stuck in a horrible run lately. Something like 4 wins in their last 14 games. I'm happy to see Ottawa doing well, but I'd still rather Montreal wasn't sucking so much right now. :(

Also: Schneider? Really? That's who Gainey goes out and picks up?