Gear of War 2

Kaftan Barlast

Yeah, if you don't have friends to play with

yeah yeah, that's it imply I have no friends...

GoW is average, it's not a bad game, it's just not something worth even starting a thread over in my opinion, it's average... Well except for the GFX, and engine side of things that's all cool.

I wasn't trying to imply you had no friends, actually. I was implying that playing WITH friends is way more fun, and makes the game 5 times better.

I continue to hear arguments for Gears that sound remarkably similar to what haters say every time there's a new Halo game and co-opers eat it up: "average", "no style and unoriginal", "childish design that misses only titillation". And you can't do much else than shrug when finding out that next to none of the critics have tried co-op campaign or multiplayer.

It's a bit of a drag, guys. Try GoW or Halo 3 with a couple beverages of your choice and play with someone who you used to spend countless hours with e.g killing time(or Battletoads) on SNES or at the arcade hall and enjoyment is guaranteed. Sure, none of these games are particularly brainy, but far more visceral and tactical than their supposed real-life equivalents such as bowling or watching hockey(snort).

GoW 2 to, in particular, also sports some interesting design that harkens back to the same over the top Jurassic and primordial vision that games like Turok and even Shadow of the Colossus had in their time. A fascination with the grand and ancient, but not in the Bruckheimerish cheap sense of epic military wankfest, but in the sense that there's plenty of these things that go bump in the night and fascination with what Lovecraft might have found had he worked as a mining engineer. :lol: Epic Games reveals an unsated longing for civilizations in the deep, and for pleistoscenic horrors that we have either forgotten or are too afraid of ourselves to hush the children with.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

For my part, Gears 2 was a really fun afternoon. My roommate and I popped in our copies, started around two in the afternoon and had wrapped up the campaign by 11:30 or so, and that was with a break for a quick dinner. I was consistently having fun for the whole time, save one of the vehicle sequences. It wasn't ground breaking, but it was very polished, very solid, and they found a few decent ways to change up the action. The story was very predictable and goofy at times, but no more so than any Hollywood action film.

It seems like Gears 2 really has the biggest improvements in multi-player components. I only checked out hordes briefly, but it had a very classic gaming feel, and I could see burning a lot of time in that mode, not to mention a few of the other new competitive modes.

I'm not sure if the game deserves some of the comments about being gaming's highest achievement ever, but it is a solid game, and the co-op campaign is a pretty good way to burn through an afternoon.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Gears 2 is pretty hilarious when it wants to.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fenix, Baird, and COLE are my personal heroes. Not Dom, though, 'cause he's not a badass. Seriously, who decided to put emotions in Gears? Leave the mushy crap for Halo, leave Gears a badass-fest.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Man, i'm glad I made all those friends I didn't care about now, they really help filling out Horde games.

I mean, i'm not even saying that Gears gameplay is the best ever made, but the brutality and desperation of horde mode makes it all worthwhile.

It's a game that needs the kind of friends who, having failed wave 39 on hardcore 8 times straight will still be right there going '**** YEAH, LETS DO THIS' then get murdered again while screaming at each other. It's not for everyone, but there's no need to go bitter all over it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Thread pruned. Lets see if it isn't possible without insulting fellow forumites and the taste of fellow forumites in ways that are "unconstructive". Apologies to those who may have meant well and still lost a post as collateral damage.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein