The "Ten Most Annoying DRM Methods"

Ten Most Annoying DRM Methods

Digital rights management is the bogeyman of PC gaming. Most publishers demand it to help stave off piracy, yet the pirates seem to hack through it as effortlessly as if it was not there at all. Meanwhile, the people caught in the middle

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The Earthbound one doesn't sound annoying, it sounds awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Consoles!

Incorrect, but let's not derail yet another topic with your spam.

Both Fade and Earthbound seem like very reasonable DRM systems. They both only affect pirates, while the legitimate user continues to enjoy hassle-free experience.

I agree, and I, personally, would not have put them on the list.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Consoles!

Incorrect, but let's not derail yet another topic with your spam.

Both Fade and Earthbound seem like very reasonable DRM systems. They both only affect pirates, while the legitimate user continues to enjoy hassle-free experience.

I agree, and I, personally, would not have put them on the list.

Indeed - I wish DRM companies developed and publishers utilized more such ways to hamper pirates while leaving legitimate users unaffected.

Consoles!

Incorrect.

Boohoo, wah wah, Earthbound DRM which only hurts pirates and an Arcade DRM bug which doesn't exist any more.

Singstar is the only valid console DRM on there. So one out of nine, by golly, you're right!

You're just bitter mr.DRM thread spammer.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Singstar is the only valid console DRM on there. So one out of nine, by golly, you're right!

Oh... Now I get it, only ten DRM schemes exist - oh, boy, if it's not on that list it must not be real! o:)

EDIT: I only see three topics that I've created - so much for me being the great "mr.DRM thread spammer." :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Sorry, was this a 'most annoying' list? Yes, yes, I think it was.

Oh look, it's dominated by the PC, how about that. How about that.

EDIT:

EDIT: I only see three topics that I've created - so much for me being the great "mr.DRM thread spammer."

So it's only spamming if it's MORE than three threads on one subject? Okay!

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

Sorry, was this a 'most annoying' list?

Yes, but that is a subjective designation - as already proved by several posters, including myself, when we agreed that two forms of DRM should not have been on the list. :)

EDIT: I only see three topics that I've created - so much for me being the great "mr.DRM thread spammer."

Gold.

Let me see...

The "Ten Most Annoying DRM Methods"

Spore is out, and cracked, on the internets.

EA Sticking With SecuROM

Yep, those must be exact clones of eachother... o:)

-Hurlshot

Actually, I was more refering to the 8 threads in 2 pages that all have DRM in either the title or subtitle.

And my original point was that this list is PC dominated, but obviously you think that spamming is more important than your own thread. Spammer.

Hadescopy.jpg

Actually, I was more refering to the 8 threads in 2 pages that all have DRM in either the title or subtitle.

So I'm now SteveThaiBinh, TrueNeutral, Magister Lajciak, and ramza? Cool, but I'll really need the passwords to my accounts back so I can use them... o:)

And my original point was that this list is PC dominated.

Then why could you not say that instead of the incorrect statement that consoles have no DRM? :)

-Hurlshot

So I'm now SteveThaiBinh, TrueNeutral, Magister Lajciak, and ramza? Cool, but I'll really need the passwords to my accounts back so I can use them... o:)

Hey, I didn't say you were the only one, but the threads are being spammed and you're one of the spammers.

Then why could you not say that instead of the incorrect statement that consoles have no DRM? :)

So you missed the 'Not in any way that actually matters anyway' part did you? I mean, I actually play consoles rather than ranting about them in my LJ so one would imagine I have a better idea of such.

Just saying.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg