Gaming History

Azure79

Gaming for me started in the heady days of mall arcades. I would literally spend hours in there playing Gauntlet and this one where you drove a spy car. Home gaming started with pong, then the Atari 2600, then the Commodore 64. I got my first "real" computer while in the Navy, a rocking 75MHz Acer, and as a special offer offered something called Windows 95 as a free upgrade when it came out a few months later. Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Duke Nukem, Rise of the Triad...spent hours and hours playing until I would have to quit from vertigo induced nausea. Then one day a friend loaned me Baldurs Gate and it was all over for me. When I wasnt playing BG I was thinking of playing BG. Im not into shooters anymore and now Ive been on the WoW needle for years.

Gauntlet! Wow, that takes me back...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think the first electronic game I ever played was something my father called Donkey. He was an engineering student and took me to his lab one day. I was around 6-7. He set me in front of a computer and launched a game where a vague donkey shaped object would have to avoid obstacles to the left or right as it sped up a street. All you had to do was press left or right to make the donkey avoid the obstacles. I remember it being fun back then.

Are you sure you don't mean

game? :)

Anyway, the first game I played must have been Full Throttle. That was way back in 1996, when I was only six years old. Needless to say, I got some help from my dad with translations. I also learned the basic commands in DOS and how to navigate Windows 3.1. And ever since that I've been into PC games. The first game I ever owned myself was Caesar 3 for the second computer I played games on (from back when you were cool if you had two Voodoo 2 cards). I also used to play console games, but only at friends houses. I fondly remember Sonic 2, Super Mario World, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time even though I've never owned a single one of them myself. Among the computer games I played early on were also Red Alert, Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Sacrifice... The period 1998-2001 was truly the golden era of good games.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

My friends have introduced me to various standalone/PC games. And I could remember a game but dont know the name which is different racing game. Gaming increases our decision making strategy and by involving in it, we feel ourselves so young.. Have fun and play many..

CMyFriends - See, my, friends, friend, locations, location, messages, message, geocodes, latitude, longitude

Hmm....Breakout/Pac-Man on the Atari, which my dad bought. Don't remember what year/what age, late 70's/early 80's. Watched friends play arcade games but never played much myself. Nothing much after that. One day when we were bored, hubby and I bought one of those first Nintendos in the late 80's. Didn't buy many games and it last long. Still have it in a closet.

Largely ignored electronic games for a while, despite going to a lot of computer conventions etc. I remember once getting hooked on auto-cad and spent hours designing 'rooms' with it...the precursor to my liking city-building games? heh...Then hubby came home w/a copy of Doom/Wolfenstein, which all his co-workers were playing, and that was that ... I was addicted to pc-games.

Autocad is pretty awesome. I made such a sweet house in drafting but it would have been awesomer if we had computers that weren't 5 years old and a newer version of autocad that could ray trace higher quality stuff.

It's weird that you guys mentioned auto-cad. I'm taking a class in school devoted to just that.

The first game I remember playing is Lode Runner on the Apple II. On the other side of the diskette was Hard Hat Mac I remember. I was a big fan of Dung Beetles, and loved the digitized "We Gotcha" that came out of the sound when you died.

The game that made me get an IBM/Compatible was Ultima VII!

Of games I remember from my childhood (really young anyways), I remember Lode Runner, Rescue Raiders, Choplifter, Silent Service, Test Drive, Dung Beetles, and The Last Ninja.

Of games I remember from my childhood (really young anyways), I remember Lode Runner, Rescue Raiders, Choplifter, Silent Service, Test Drive, Dung Beetles, and The Last Ninja.

Silent Service I & II... the memories... nothing like the sound of a tin can crumbling when you exceed your maximum safety depth ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My dad's Spectrum 48K, 25 years ago, was the origin of my gaming addiction. No gamer is a real gamer unless he played games from a tape recorder.

This is true.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Started on a "console" that played pong... quickly graduated to an atari 2600, then a colecovision console... great games for that... zaxxon and venture were probably my favourites, and the baseball game came with these really weird controllers.

Then came the Commodore 64. I can't say that I bought every game I owned for it... But I did buy my very first game, my introduction to CRPGs, Questron. Great game. My C64 gave up the ghost before I go around to playing Questron II, but I loved the first one. Took me over 100000 "game days" to complete. I remember also that Impossible Mission, by Epyx, really was impossible. M.U.L.E. wa addictive as hell. SSI's Goldbox AD&D games. Ultima III-V. Hardball!... good times.

After that, I had a SNES for awhile, but never had many games for it. Ken Griffey Jr Baseball was fun, and Out of this World was very cool.

Then came my first Windows '95 pc.... and since then it's been strictly PC. I haven't gotten into console gaming. But i recently scored a bit of extra cash on the 6/49, so who knows.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Silent Service I & II... the memories... nothing like the sound of a tin can crumbling when you exceed your maximum safety depth :)

The problem was I never understood submarine warfare back then, so I would always go up to the surface because it let me use my deck gun and made me faster haha.

Silent Service I & II... the memories... nothing like the sound of a tin can crumbling when you exceed your maximum safety depth :)

The problem was I never understood submarine warfare back then, so I would always go up to the surface because it let me use my deck gun and made me faster haha.

If it makes you feelany better, nor did the Admiralty.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.