The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!

ramza

I'm on chapter two and I'll wager i'm close to 30 hrs game time. I have been doing witcher contracts though, to try and clear the quests log some. Those are way too much grind, don't bother.

A lot of that stuff is just fodder if you want to raise your XP level. I'm in chapter 4 and I've been trying to do everything in the game this time, just for the heck of it. But I am finding that if you get too caught up in the side stuff it does take away from the narrative thrust of the game. Although some of the side stuff does relate a bit to the main quest (the Werewolf sidequest in Chap 3, for example, it could be a lot more tightly interwoven)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Omg there's naked nymphs. I thought the full monty was in user mods. :lol:

Wait till you get to the nurses. Note the plural.

You're a funny guy.

Anyway I finished the game and thought it did pretty well in wrapping the whole mess up.

By the way, who was that supposed to be in the closing cinematic, trying to assassinate the king

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

By the way, who was that supposed to be in the closing cinematic, trying to assassinate the king

I don't think anyone really knows for sure, although you can find dozens of theories - he's sort of similar to the Cab Driver from Bloodlines.

securom2gu8.png

Ok, I need help. I got a new hardrive today and didnt think twice about formatting my old windows partition, thus effectively destryoing all my witcher savegames(AAARGHH!!!!). So could anyone please upload a savefile for me? preferebly right at the beginning of chapter 3.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

holy shemoligans! i'm in chapter 2 now and have probably put in 10-12 hours max, but i think i have a long way to go in this chapter. i'm playing the easy combat style, too, and i'm not too concerned about alchemy. the side quests are a grind, for sure, mostly fed-ex it seems. those are all the witcher contracts that folks have mentioned a few times, right?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

holy shemoligans! i'm in chapter 2 now and have probably put in 10-12 hours max, but i think i have a long way to go in this chapter. i'm playing the easy combat style, too, and i'm not too concerned about alchemy. the side quests are a grind, for sure, mostly fed-ex it seems. those are all the witcher contracts that folks have mentioned a few times, right?

taks

Yeah, the "grinding"-missions are the witcher contracts that you can find at the local bulletin board.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sure, I'll have one up as soon as I get through Chapter Two (should be later tonight).

That would be extremely kind of you, sir! :(

http://drop.io/ is an excellent way to share files smaller than 100mb

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

taks

witcher contracts are always on a notice board. or given by the royal huntsman/vincent (for the giant monster hunts)

I just got pissed because one of the missions you have to do later on in order to save the monster/person and break their curse you LITERALLY run around in a circle for 10 minutes so that the monster doesn't kill you while waiting for candles to go out....

GRRRAAAAAHHH!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

SO, could anyone fork up a savefile already? I really dont want to play those first 20hours again ;)

don't have one yet, kaftan, otherwise i would set you up. i'm going to be out for the next few days, and then i have to slam down a ton of analysis for the report i'm writing for work, which means i'll be working at home and not playing the game. it'll be over a week before i get back to the witcher.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

SO, could anyone fork up a savefile already? I really dont want to play those first 20hours again o:)

Beginning of Chapter III?

Give me a couple of days or so.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I almost bought this yesterday when I ordered Warhammer Online. I dunno. I didn't because FO3 is due out before the end of the month and I don't know how much time I'll have for this many games. What I see about it is intriguing on the story level, but I'm a little worried about the fact that it uses the NWN engine. I was not a big fan of the engine, although I did like the KotOR games, which use essentially the same engine I think. I've tried to skim the posts without reading too much because I don't want to ruin the story just in case I buy it.

Everything is very pretty, but you are glued to the ground with the exception of certain stone structures you can scale just by moving. Running around trying to figure out where the game will actually let you go can be frustrating. Especially when you are defeated by a pebble or a two foot fence.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Everything is very pretty, but you are glued to the ground with the exception of certain stone structures you can scale just by moving. Running around trying to figure out where the game will actually let you go can be frustrating. Especially when you are defeated by a pebble or a two foot fence.

Yes, some of the gameplay feels primitive in that sense. Unquestionably.

Of course, STALKER has the same silliness of your player character being able to destroy mutants and run forever and outfight hordes of heavily armored enmies, but still couldn't climb a 1 meter fence.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You know, that doesn't bother me. Whatever shortfalls STALKER had, they way it created boundaries didn't bug me. The thing I didn't like about the NWN engine was:

1) it always seemed a little dark.

2) the way elevations worked. I hated how false the terrain looked, especially earthen ramps and trails.

and

3) the general appearance of the GUI.

I guess those would have to be the top three. I haven't played in years, so there might have been little picayunish tings that I don't remember.

I had a bad feeling about the Witcher early on, but folks who've actually played it seem to have generally positive views and the story does sound intriguing. I dunno. Maybe I should just say what the hell and order it. It's only like 37$ for the enhanced edition.

It didn't bother me either, it's just that environmental limitations are always so noticable in games that appear to be wide open. NOLF2 was an example of this as well.

When you get into a rail shooter like Half Life, you don't really notice such things simply because the gameworld doesn't foster that illusion of space.

STALKER was a fine game, unclimable meter high fences included. o:)